Protest songs

eggsarascal

3 hours ago, Stere said:

No expert but don't think that track has a dnb beat music time signature?

Dnb has more Syncopated beats?

HARD HOUSE rap metal?

I assume you’re talking about the Qemists or Zardonic? I’ll be led by you on genre. I don’t listen to enough electronic music to confidently say. I think of them as 70% electronic with 30% metal thrown in, much like Bring Me the Horizon are the reciprocal 70% metal and 30% electronic. 

I think from the 70s there was quite  few and the biggest ones that I can remember are 

Osmosis Crazy Horses, all about big cars with big engine polluting the sky,s,  this msg is near 50 Yr ago now and wouldn't you thought more would of been done by now ??, 

Sex Pistols Anarchy in the UK very true of what was going on in the UK at the time, bin men, miners, train drivers and British Leyland all on strike, then people ask what happened to our industry ?, then came the true version of God save the Queen and this along with Anarchy in the UK very much sumed up the state the UK was in, 

Late 60s Bonzo doo dahe dog band, I'm the urban space man, Neil hinds got the idea for the song as he walked to work across manchester and the urban spaces he had played on as a kid where either built on or where being built on, and now I think urban spaces in most towns are long gone ,,

I've spent the weekend at Victorious festival in Portsmouth. Ocean Colour Scene were a good blast from the past and played a decent protest song they wrote around the start of the first gulf War.

I didn't care about that though, I was only there for The Day We Caught The Train. 

• Like 3