My mill is on the way!

william127

2 hours ago, doobin said:

I’m pretty impressed with the quality. I figured it was a good entry level model and if it goes well I won’t loose much on it to upgrade. 

I agree - for the money you really cannot fault the quality and attention to detail that’s gone into them. Everything (down to the last nut and washer) is in the box, and the instructions are brilliant. Components are all very accurately fabricated and the quality of the finish is much better than I expected too!

10 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

I agree - for the money you really cannot fault the quality and attention to detail that’s gone into them. Everything (down to the last nut and washer) is in the box, and the instructions are brilliant. Components are all very accurately fabricated and the quality of the finish is much better than I expected too!

If it’s the Woodlands you have I’d agree wholeheartedly great saws for the money,  but be aware they do not weather well if left outdoors, cover it or put it indoors would be my advice. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

If it’s the Woodlands you have I’d agree wholeheartedly great saws for the money,  but be aware they do not weather well if left outdoors, cover it or put it indoors would be my advice. 

Rust buckets outdoors ain't they.

Well it’ll have to live outside, I’ll spray it with something. 

Sits quite well on the beaver tail (minus the soft tyre). I’m going to make a bracket up to pick the mill head up with pallet forks, so it and the track can go to site in the back of the tipper and then be moved into position on the trailer with the multione. 

I prefer it up on the trailer, so I’ll turn the handle the other way around. You can easily wiggle it to the middle of the trailer for transport if needed, and four ratchets onto the mill head should hold it steady for site transport or road if not taking the loader too. 

B3D54F08-E196-4995-B539-8B61A1CF9132.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, doobin said:

Our heaviest grade tarpaulin at 560gsm, the Olive Green PVC is the behemoth of covers! Eyeleted at half-metre intervals, and...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, doobin said:

Sits quite well on the beaver tail (minus the soft tyre). I’m going to make a bracket up to pick the mill head up with pallet forks, so it and the track can go to site in the back of the tipper and then be moved into position on the trailer with the multione. 

I prefer it up on the trailer, so I’ll turn the handle the other way around. You can easily wiggle it to the middle of the trailer for transport if needed, and four ratchets onto the mill head should hold it steady for site transport or road if not taking the loader too. 

B3D54F08-E196-4995-B539-8B61A1CF9132.jpeg

Bloody hell you've not wasted any time setting that up!!👍👍😅

Looks good on that trailer, is there room to get the sherpa on next to the mill?  

3 minutes ago, william127 said:

Bloody hell you've not wasted any time setting that up!!👍👍😅

Looks good on that trailer, is there room to get the sherpa on next to the mill?  

Yes but no point as will be taking the mill on the tipper and multione on trailer. 

Im already modifying it- added a second bar so you can pick it up with the forks making it much easier to set on the rails on your own. 

0747534D-EBBB-44F3-A9BC-33ED065F7B0C.jpeg

2B223F8B-7631-4AB1-96AE-C5C49E325B0A.jpeg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, doobin said:

Yes but no point as will be taking the mill on the tipper and multione on trailer. 

Im already modifying it- added a second bar so you can pick it up with the forks making it much easier to set on the rails on your own. 

0747534D-EBBB-44F3-A9BC-33ED065F7B0C.jpeg

2B223F8B-7631-4AB1-96AE-C5C49E325B0A.jpeg

Nice modification work. I didn't realise it would be quite so easy to put the head on and off to be honest, so that's something to think about with set ups🤔

I'm thinking that I could have the mill on the trailer, with a sherpa(next machine purchase, I swear😅😅) next to it. Obviously nowhere near the lifting power of a full size loader, but a lot better than using cant hooks etc! And very manoeuvrable if a customer asks for the timber in a shed or something 👍If the job needed it I'd just make 2 trips and take my loader on a plant trailer,  it's too big for anything else.

4 hours ago, openspaceman said:

Our heaviest grade tarpaulin at 560gsm, the Olive Green PVC is the behemoth of covers! Eyeleted at half-metre intervals, and...

I went for a yankee barbecue cover black double lined water proof and its shaped to fit roughly the woodlands. if anyone's interested i will see if i can find it amazon. £50 ish .bit cheaper than a woodlands cover.