My mill is on the way!

william127

The trailer part of the mill will be waiting a while but that's OK if we get the frame done.

The main reason it'll have to wait is the  trailer is currently full of racking I got given, what a result! I'm going to set some  up along the edge of my log yard, ready to fork milled timber straight on👌👌 

Just need to get a skip in and spend a couple of hours forking stuff around,  then set a few concrete pads to build it on

20220505_174353.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, doobin said:

Jesus, your scrap is worth even more than mine!

I used shorted bolts to weld to the frame- seems pointless having the frame four inches above the subframe. 

Unfortunately I had to go out and buy them this morning 😅 still, at least  I've got plenty of them in stock now

I saw your bolt method 45 minutes too late...

It's all together and  made its first cuts👌👌

Just resawing a couple of oak sleepers, but so far so good. 

I do have a feeling that the winch, ramps and extension piece won't see much use but I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it..

2 hours ago, william127 said:

Unfortunately I had to go out and buy them this morning 😅 still, at least  I've got plenty of them in stock now

I do have a feeling that the winch, ramps and extension piece won't see much use but I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it..

Looking good...if you ever need to load it with no machinery you'll be glad of the winch...trust me 😉

• Like 1

11 hours ago, william127 said:

You are such a fkin copycat! Resawing an oak sleeper was the first job for mine! Great minds think alike. Or rather- quick, what’s the nearest timber to play with?! 🤣🤣

01AF9FD6-E5D3-4AF6-871A-5033F1C5FF8E.jpeg

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, doobin said:

You are such a fkin copycat! Resawing an oak sleeper was the first job for mine! Great minds think alike. Or rather- quick, what’s the nearest timber to play with?! 🤣🤣

01AF9FD6-E5D3-4AF6-871A-5033F1C5FF8E.jpeg

😅😅😅

They were near the trailer when I  put the crated up mill on the trailer and I need some oak posts for under a deck next week👍👍

Sun came out this afternoon and the sawdust started👍

Just some random lumps of hawthorn and sycamore (yes, I know it needs stickering not just stacking on the pallet😅), seems to have come out well, clean cut,  smooth and straight.

Seems like quite a nice machine to operate 👍👍

20220520_141913.jpg

20220520_141927.jpg

20220520_143407.jpg

20220520_151244.jpg

20220520_152703.jpg

20220520_162359.jpg

• Like 4