Diesel change tips

woody paul

7 minutes ago, woody paul said:

O looks like spent all this morning doing it for nothing. Still a mine field. 

As for policing it HMRC is the only ones how can do you and don't want to be on the wrong side of them, how far would they dig into you book. 

Let them dig in, they've just sent me a bill for £2,600 that I know I don't owe. We'll see how it comes out.

Can you enlighten us as I will pissed off if that's the cast. 

Forestry, agriculture, fisheries and horticulture are exempt, Arb comes under horticulture so no need to swap, I won’t be unless the price doesn’t come down then I might as-well run white and not have to store it.
  • Like 1

Why would you want to flush the system of red if your swopping to white diesel anyway? As Mick basically said - it’s the same stuff only different colour. The only thing with some red diesel is it’s been known to contain more bio diesel which can “jell up” the filter system especially sediment bowls.

Edited by dan blocker
Spelling

Wonder whether cutting my private lawns using red remains legal?

Not too bothered as my tank is also used for my digger and tractor on my fields, but there appears to be a lack of guidance over non road registered mowers being used privately by punters on their own private property whose business isn’t horticulture.

19 hours ago, PeteB said:

I doubt that the 50 is likely to dip tanks etc on private property with no road usage etc......

I would think that it's highly likely that HMRC will dip tanks if they can issue fines out of it.

Construction sites, quarries etc would be an easy target, hidden away in a back garden, hopefully less so.

4 hours ago, scbk said:

I would think that it's highly likely that HMRC will dip tanks if they can issue fines out of it.

Construction sites, quarries etc would be an easy target, hidden away in a back garden, hopefully less so.

do they have right of access or would they need a warrant if on private property

21 minutes ago, daveatdave said:

do they have right of access or would they need a warrant if on private property

I'm not clued up on it, but I think customs officer's have a lot of powers, they are acting on behalf of the queen. They can already go on to private land and test fuels, even if you're not there!

WWW.GOV.UK

Find out which fuel you can legally use in different types of vehicle before 1 April 2022.

3.2 Making your vehicle’s fuel available for testing

You must make your vehicle’s fuel available for testing if one of our officers asks you to. If you refuse to allow our officers to take a sample, we may seize the fuel and the vehicle. We may also impose a penalty for your failure to comply with this legal requirement.

If you obstruct, hinder or assault one of our officers, we may prosecute you.

3.3 Fuel tested in your absence

Your fuel can be tested in your absence. You will be told about the test and the result in writing.

4. Powers of HMRC officers

Our officers are allowed by law to:

• examine any vehicle and any oil in or on it and to inspect, test or sample any oil in the fuel supply

• require vehicle owners or anyone in charge of a vehicle to open or cause to be opened the fuel tank or other source of the fuel supply so that the fuel can be located and inspected, tested or sampled – if there is anything in the supply which might hinder this, it must be removed

• require anyone in charge of a vehicle to produce any books or documents relating to the vehicle or to oil carried on it and which are carried by that person or on the vehicle

• enter any premises (except private dwelling houses) and inspect, test and sample any oil on the premises, whether in a vehicle or elsewhere – in entering the premises, an officer may bring with them any vehicle used for carrying out official duties

• require the occupier of the premises or the person in charge of them to facilitate the inspection, testing or sampling of oil on their premises or oil in the fuel supply of vehicles on the premises, irrespective of whether the oil or the vehicle belongs to that person or someone else – this includes attending normally unmanned premises when our officers require access to fuel

• require anyone concerned with the sale, purchase or disposal of any oil to produce on demand any relevant books or documents

• require you to provide satisfactory evidence that any fuel in your possession (including in your running tank) is fully UK duty paid