Russia Invades ukraine

topchippyles

He is short of any decent troops and equipment &   so using syrian mercs & convicts from prisons and conscripts.

His generals keep dying which doesn't help moral

Might be wrong but don't think there much chance he can win or take more territory....

13 hours ago, daveatdave said:

think the mercs have been to the north of Kiev with what they have found there 

Putin will not want to loose face so don't know what he will do next  

That is the worry.

Edited by roboted
typo
  • Like 1

Only things he has left to try if/ when his next planned attack in the east gets stopped/bogged down is  chemical weapons or nuclear either would be a disaster for both sides.

Can't see how he can win now?

Best result for him a peace settlement  partial defeat where he get to keep some areas taken from before the latest 2022 war?

he Russian military is attempting to generate sufficient combat power to seize and hold the portions of Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts that it does not currently control after it completes the seizure of Mariupol. There are good reasons to question the Russian armed forces’ ability to do so and their ability to use regenerated combat power effectively despite a reported simplification of the Russian command structure. This update, which we offer on a day without significant military operations on which to report, attempts to explain and unpack some of the complexities involved in making these assessments.

Special Edition: Russian Military Capabilities Assessments The Russian military is attempting to generate sufficient combat...

Edited by Stere

Lad who we had working for us Ed is trying to get out of melitipol right now , it's costing them £300 dollars each to cross the war zone and get in to west Ukraine , Ed is not a fighter and a complete pacifist and has been in a basement with his church since February just trying to help people as it was one of the first areas to be encircled ...but is going to stay in Ukraine and help where he can when he does get out despite having loads of places around the world he could stay... I think they are all of the opinion Russia is about to launch a full on scorched earth policy to go all out so getting out is probably wise..
his opinion on Azov ...they are there with them right now and sharing the rations with civilians , I don't want to get in any discussion about them being nazis or anything on here but they see them as saviours and the reputation is Russian propaganda.. if that is not obvious to any one already... any way hope they get out asap.

• Like 10

9 hours ago, MattyF said:

Lad who we had working for us Ed is trying to get out of melitipol right now , it's costing them £300 dollars each to cross the war zone and get in to west Ukraine , Ed is not a fighter and a complete pacifist and has been in a basement with his church since February just trying to help people as it was one of the first areas to be encircled ...but is going to stay in Ukraine and help where he can when he does get out despite having loads of places around the world he could stay... I think they are all of the opinion Russia is about to launch a full on scorched earth policy to go all out so getting out is probably wise..
his opinion on Azov ...they are there with them right now and sharing the rations with civilians , I don't want to get in any discussion about them being nazis or anything on here but they see them as saviours and the reputation is Russian propaganda.. if that is not obvious to any one already... any way hope they get out asap.

I hope your mate and his family are alright. 

This seems to be a pretty balanced article: 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/04/06/ukraine-military-right-wing-militias

Edited by Mark J
  • Like 2

It was all down to a TV news report about Ukraine being a major sunflower oil producer and the future shortage of oil due to the war.

See, I wanted fish n chips, so toddled into Super U for Cod, spuds and oil.

The place were Sunflower oil usually stood, shelves were bare, completely bare.

I thought for a moment they must have moved the sunflower oil but olive and peeeenut were still in stock.

Pasta in stock, flour in stock, toilet paper in stock, no signs of any other product shortage except outside people queuing deep at the fuel station.

When I paid for my Cod but thought better of joining the mad queue to fill my car up.

The next day, Sunday, the pumps were dry, no diesel.

After the price had climber to over 2.20 euros per litre, it dropped overnight to 1.98 which was enough to start a panic at the pumps.

Sunday afternoon, I filled the truck from my stock of diesel kept in Aspen containers as a reserve against the rather regular French madness of blockading refineries.

The Cod and chips I had shallow fried the Saturday evening, a great economy in Sunflower oil...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ty Korrigan said:

It was all down to a TV news report about Ukraine being a major sunflower oil producer and the future shortage of oil due to the war.

See, I wanted fish n chips, so toddled into Super U for Cod, spuds and oil.

The place were Sunflower oil usually stood, shelves were bare, completely bare.

I thought for a moment they must have moved the sunflower oil but olive and peeeenut were still in stock.

Pasta in stock, flour in stock, toilet paper in stock, no signs of any other product shortage except outside people queuing deep at the fuel station.

When I paid for my Cod but thought better of joining the mad queue to fill my car up.

The next day, Sunday, the pumps were dry, no diesel.

After the price had climber to over 2.20 euros per litre, it dropped overnight to 1.98 which was enough to start a panic at the pumps.

Sunday afternoon, I filled the truck from my stock of diesel kept in Aspen containers as a reserve against the rather regular French madness of blockading refineries.

The Cod and chips I had shallow fried the Saturday evening, a great economy in Sunflower oil...

use dripping they will taste much better 

• Like 2