Russia Invades ukraine

topchippyles

On 07/02/2023 at 08:02, woodwizzard said:

He could easily have been raving about how the Battle of Britain was about increasing sales for Rolls Royce and blackout curtains.

However, this is the 6th invasion of Ukraine by Russia, following the same playbook as its invasion of Georgia. While his profitable view count gets close to the millions the Russians have oppressed and killed, he offers no solutions to the plight of Ukraine, but sure offers the kind of distraction that im sure Putin appreciates.

• Like 1

It wasnt a retired Colonel Douglas MacGregor was it? Hes been incredibly Pro Putin and a pet of Russian media for a decade. 

Well blaming Nato is one of his many excuses. But Russia complaining about Nato is like a serial arsonist complaining that its the fire department and police who make him light fires around the neighborhood. 

Im not saying there isnt SOME legitimacy to it, but Nations like Estonia, Lithuania, Latvias right to protection after they have been invaded and viciously oppressed by Russia in living memory, outweighs Russias feeling it should be able to do what it wants. 

In 1998 I was working with 4 Ukrainian brothers. 3 of them were off the the US to work and very excited about it, but one was going back to Ukraine. I asked why. 

"I have to do military training, like my brothers have"

"oh its compulsory in Ukraine?" 

"No, I have to train because of the war with Russia"

"What, your having a war with Russia??"

"Not now, but eventually there is always war with Russia" he said it with simple but strong conviction.

At the time, I thought he was crazy. But as of a few months ago I heard 2 of his brothers are missing in action, their father who is well into his 70's had lied about his age and last time I heard was in a self propelled gun and in tears because he had run out of shells.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Timbermcpherson said:

It wasnt a retired Colonel Douglas MacGregor was it? Hes been incredibly Pro Putin and a pet of Russian media for a decade. 

Well blaming Nato is one of his many excuses. But Russia complaining about Nato is like a serial arsonist complaining that its the fire department and police who make him light fires around the neighborhood. 

Im not saying there isnt SOME legitimacy to it, but Nations like Estonia, Lithuania, Latvias right to protection after they have been invaded and viciously oppressed by Russia in living memory, outweighs Russias feeling it should be able to do what it wants. 

In 1998 I was working with 4 Ukrainian brothers. 3 of them were off the the US to work and very excited about it, but one was going back to Ukraine. I asked why. 

"I have to do military training, like my brothers have"

"oh its compulsory in Ukraine?" 

"No, I have to train because of the war with Russia"

"What, your having a war with Russia??"

"Not now, but eventually there is always war with Russia" he said it with simple but strong conviction.

At the time, I thought he was crazy. But as of a few months ago I heard 2 of his brothers are missing in action, their father who is well into his 70's had lied about his age and last time I heard was in a self propelled gun and in tears because he had run out of shells.

Yes it was probably that General...

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/02/2023 at 19:49, Johnsond said:

Rishi playing at top gun with zelensky didn’t quite work out. 

6E9B6FBA-4AAA-479B-8B4F-017E8063B40F.png

236FBC50-654F-45B9-AE48-D50E1D222BE9.png

Ha, it's a classic movie for sure.

Anyone got any thoughts on how it's going to end? I'm guessing either an assassination (Putin being the target) or a long drawn out amounts to nothing destruction of Ukraine.

It looks like neither Putin or Zelensky are going to back down and negotiate a peace deal. 

26 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

Ha, it's a classic movie for sure.

Anyone got any thoughts on how it's going to end? I'm guessing either an assassination (Putin being the target) or a long drawn out amounts to nothing destruction of Ukraine.

It looks like neither Putin or Zelensky are going to back down and negotiate a peace deal. 

Ukrainian victory in 2023, holiday in Odessa in 2024 for myself and the Mrs at a good friend’s hopefully rebuilt hotel. Mind you I’ve yet to tell her the plan. Putin will be overthrown or fall out of a window as they tend to a lot in Russia. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

Well, to me the whole lot of it is just a distraction, a plan { soap opera.. real life and death Truman show} displaying absolutely a total disregard for human suffering and the desecration of the biosphere in the scramble for digital domination of everything at any expense...

The whole of todays tech that most everyone totally relies on is based on mathematics that are completely at odds and counter intuitive to all of nature, it will never work out in our favour.

How's it going to end ? I would expect, badly. 

Disagree if you likes... I'll stick🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Johnsond said:

Ukrainian victory in 2023, holiday in Odessa in 2024 for myself and the Mrs at a good friend’s hopefully rebuilt hotel. Mind you I’ve yet to tell her the plan. Putin will be overthrown or fall out of a window as they tend to a lot in Russia. 

I could live with that.