Sunday Noise Abatement Laws England

hesslemount

2 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

It did take a bit of time for me to get used to nearly everything being shut on a Sunday out here.

A few supermarkets on a Sunday morning and that’s it. 

After a while I realised how important it is, and how the loss of it in the UK is detrimental to society.

If no one works, no one loses out.

It’ll wait till Monday.

Enlightened

My wife and I are woken up most Sundays about half six by leaf blowers on the golf course by me.  Actually I don’t get woken by the blowers but by my wife ranting.  I sometimes wonder if we should ask the council to intervene.

For some reason during the week it is much later.

Had to do a couple of Sundays in a row at a doctors surgery as that’s the only day they didn’t have patients coming into the car park. Residential all around so I apologised to any neighbours I saw, explained the situation and they were good about it. Despite not finishing till around 6 each day, in the dark as it was February ☹️ 

Or take your family out for a walk, followed by a big dinner, turn the phone off and watch a film in the afternoon with a bit too much wine.

If you have to work Sunday (apart from emergencies and highway) you’re crap at business.

Or crap at life and only have business [emoji23]
  • Haha 1

I don't think they I have ever worked a Sunday, Saturday's very, very rarely and only when it was necessary for a good client.

Imo it's pointless me having a family if I don't get to spend time with them! I try to stay away from the shops on a Sunday and spend it pottering around the house/garden, taking the kids to the park and now and then visting the family. I think it would be nice to get to the good old days when nearly everything was shut on a Sunday and we were more or less forced to have a bit of down time. 

I know too many lads who have become addicted to working the weekends and can't cope without the extra cash.

I see some countries are looking at a four day working week which although I think would be great I just don't see how it would work effectively unless every business adopted it.

I hope Elon gets his Tesla bot up and running quick sharpish.

Or crap at life and only have business [emoji23]
Everyone's take on life is different what you enjoy is maybe not what the next man does ! Does this mean his life is crap ? I can't stand someone who thinks they no what I should like or be doing how about do your thing and keep your opinions on other people to your self
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, bigtreedon said:
22 hours ago, lux said:

Or crap at life and only have business emoji23.png

Everyone's take on life is different what you enjoy is maybe not what the next man does ! Does this mean his life is crap ? I can't stand someone who thinks they no what I should like or be doing how about do your thing and keep your opinions on other people to your self

That's put that to bed the😉

I dont care when when I work, days, nights, weekdays or weekends. The thing that matters is the money being right at the end of the week/month.

• Like 1