Covid 19 inconsistencies

Acerforestry

Well either way I think the whole muzzle wearing thing is a complete load of tosh anyway. Have you seen the number of the things that are now blowing around the streets? My hairdresser said she had to move to a visor as constant mask wearing brought out bad dermatitis. I wear one only out of respect to others - but am completely against it.

Sweden - even by the stats published [which are all we have to go by] - never had a lock down. You can cite all the variables ie. they are more sensible, more healthy, less live in cities etc etc. But if Covid is as contagious as they say and is as much a risk as they say why don't these figures reflect that? The only answer I can come to is - it is NOT as contagious as they say, it is NOT as much of a risk as they say and lock downs make bugger all difference!

image.thumb.png.3b61098a4ab1a6ded899656ee8ce4047.png

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Robin Jacob said:

Try using Duck & Go or another search engine other than Google, which is heavily censored.

I watched Plandemic 2 today. If even half is true, which I’m inclined to believe it is, we should all be protesting.

www.plandemicseries.com

Yep I used that in the end! Why are google not listing protest info I wonder... there is every bit of info on hand washing/mask wearing/social distancing it goes on... nothing online about what to do if you disagree with the lock down.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Rob D said:

Well either way I think the whole muzzle wearing thing is a complete load of tosh anyway. Have you seen the number of the things that are now blowing around the streets? My hairdresser said she had to move to a visor as constant mask wearing brought out bad dermatitis. I wear one only out of respect to others - but am completely against it.

Sweden - even by the stats published [which are all we have to go by] - never had a lock down. You can cite all the variables ie. they are more sensible, more healthy, less live in cities etc etc. But if Covid is as contagious as they say and is as much a risk as they say why don't these figures reflect that? The only answer I can come to is - it is NOT as contagious as they say, it is NOT as much of a risk as they say and lock downs make bugger all difference!

Well said ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob D said:

I was chatting to a Swede for an hour yesterday and the topic of covid 19 came up.

Their mindset is just completely different to ours. The government sought to empower the population from the outset by offering concise and well explained guidance about social distancing and the rational behind it. The population responded by (in large part) respecting this guidance and respecting their fellow countrymen. They cocked up on the care homes (and have admitted as much) but community deaths have been relatively low. They now benefit from low community transmission rates and at this moment, are not experiencing a second wave.

I do not believe that this would have worked in the UK. Firstly, it is not the habit of British Governments (especially not this one) to treat the electorate as grown ups. Secondly, our national predisposition is to be rebellious. If we're told we can't do something, we automatically find ourselves resisting. 

Had the guidelines in the UK been implemented in a more considered fashion, with more emphasis on educating and informing the public, perhaps we would have stood a chance. As it was, the Draconian lockdown we experienced only served to bottle up and delay a seething resentment of State involvement in our private lives, and I can't see the relatively widespread compliance of the March 2020 lockdown being repeated. 

I spoke to a lady in the Swedish embassy a month ago when we were trying to figure out how to get over there this month, and being in London through lockdown was very odd, she said. She also said that she could not understand why people were having parties and ignoring social distancing guidance through summer. She questioned whether they ever wanted to travel abroad again!

In short, I think it's fair to say the Swedes are sensible and we're idiots ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Am embarrased to agree - I think , Swedes , Germans , various other Eastern nationals are baffled by us . They always try that bit harder in many ways . I explained our humour to a very straight laced German newspaper editor who didnt understand  ( we were on holiday ) I said "  you dont understand our humour as we are laughing at our failings or stupidity " ( which is ok ) he said " that is correct - we would just feel embarrased and not want it seen " K

Edited by Khriss
( and yes am very fed up of the rules and precautions - but ... )
  • Like 2

Good points Big J - however we will never be sure if people were having lots of parties and not social distancing as people generally seem to gather information from what they see on the news. If the BBC shows a couple of parties during the lockdown with the title 'people in London flouted the rules and gathered despite the lock down' then we tend to see that as fact. Then everyone goes round repeating this to each other 'did you see they weren't obeying the rules in London at the weekend'.

Where I live on the whole everyone is going with the guidelines and the rules. I don't watch the official news anymore as I know how influencing it is even if you come from a stance of not believing it. But when I speak to people and ask their opinions they generally repeat what was on the news the night before.

• Like 2

I reckon another major contributing factor is the poor quality of our housing too. 

Having small, badly ventilated houses on minute plots, crammed into badly planned housing estates like battery hen cages in a chicken shed means that staying at home and not going mad is much harder. How was a person meant to maintain a modicum of sanity when confined to a 2 up, 2 down with a postage stamp for a garden? 

We also really need to address the societal issues with preventable, first world comorbidities. There is almost no excuse for being seriously overweight, and the health conditions that come with it. It is unreasonable to rely on a national health service to treat the illnesses caused by your inability to stop putting food in your mouth. 

In short, as a society, we need to be a bit more active, eat a bit less and endevour to build better, healthier houses. Also, it would be good if we weren't such pissheads and moderated our binge drinking tendencies. And Scotland needs to discover vegetables beyond the humble spud! ?

10 minutes ago, Big J said:

I reckon another major contributing factor is the poor quality of our housing too. 

Having small, badly ventilated houses on minute plots, crammed into badly planned housing estates like battery hen cages in a chicken shed means that staying at home and not going mad is much harder. How was a person meant to maintain a modicum of sanity when confined to a 2 up, 2 down with a postage stamp for a garden? 

We also really need to address the societal issues with preventable, first world comorbidities. There is almost no excuse for being seriously overweight, and the health conditions that come with it. It is unreasonable to rely on a national health service to treat the illnesses caused by your inability to stop putting food in your mouth. 

In short, as a society, we need to be a bit more active, eat a bit less and endevour to build better, healthier houses. Also, it would be good if we weren't such pissheads and moderated our binge drinking tendencies. And Scotland needs to discover vegetables beyond the humble spud! ?

Can you get bad roads in too somehow pleas? don’t disagree with crappy housing ?

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Big J said:

And if our birds looked a bit more like Swedish women that would help no end.

I would lay off the booze, kebabs and fags if I could have a crack at a few.

In fact I’d let them spank with birch twigs in the snow.

B492BDD9-7152-41AB-B3AA-FCA72E824C2A.jpeg

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

And if our birds looked a bit more like Swedish women that would help no end.

Used to kick about with one for 7 years, in fact she's the reason I stayed in Suffolk. Just don't let them loose on the red wine, turns the nicest Swedish lass into a feisty little piece of work.

• Haha 1