Covid 19 inconsistencies

Acerforestry

31 minutes ago, Big J said:

Agreed.

These lockdown restrictions are like having a burst pipe and holding your hand over the leak. It might stem the flow for a while, but the moment you take your hand away, it romps away again. 

We have to learn to live with the virus for the near to medium term. To flog that analogy to death, we need to reduce the water flow. A vaccine is a minimum of 6-8 months off, and there won't be much worth saving if we're in this state (or worse) until then.

What’s your thoughts on the whole vaccine process J. Needless to say the profits involved are gonna be off the scale, but the process normally takes years to be done safely. 

9 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

What’s your thoughts on the whole vaccine process J. Needless to say the profits involved are gonna be off the scale, but the process normally takes years to be done safely. 

I have zero expertise in the field, but I am generally in favour of vaccinations. Once a vaccine is developed, they will need to start with the highest risk groups first. I would expect to be one of the last to be vaccinated and I am happy enough with that. I'm young enough, I exercise every day, I'm not overweight and I have no preexisting conditions. I'm happy enough to be at the end of the line for a vaccine.

Obviously, a vaccine developed quickly will have a higher risk of complications, but what choice do people in high risk groups have? If you're in your 80s and have comorbidities, I think you're better off taking your chances with a hastily developed vaccine than covid 19.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big J said:

I have zero expertise in the field, but I am generally in favour of vaccinations. Once a vaccine is developed, they will need to start with the highest risk groups first. I would expect to be one of the last to be vaccinated and I am happy enough with that. I'm young enough, I exercise every day, I'm not overweight and I have no preexisting conditions. I'm happy enough to be at the end of the line for a vaccine.

Obviously, a vaccine developed quickly will have a higher risk of complications, but what choice do people in high risk groups have? If you're in your 80s and have comorbidities, I think you're better off taking your chances with a hastily developed vaccine than covid 19.

Being half German , is that not a pre-existing condition mate ? :D

• Haha 2

Listening to Majeed on LBC earlier. 

He’s had the measure of this situation from the get-go. He’s a good boy - been broadcasting to the masses ‘on message’ since I spoke to him back in March. 

We’re on track for North of 7% unemployment on current measure for the sake of (I think he said) 1000 Covid hospital cases as of today. 

UK population 68ish mil??

Do the math - 1000 as a percentage of 68 mil. 

7% unemployment is a shit sandwich that all 68 mil will have to take a bite of. 

7 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Listening to Majeed on LBC earlier. 

He’s had the measure of this situation from the get-go. He’s a good boy - been broadcasting to the masses ‘on message’ since I spoke to him back in March. 

We’re on track for North of 7% unemployment on current measure for the sake of (I think he said) 1000 Covid hospital cases as of today. 

UK population 68ish mil??

Do the math - 1000 as a percentage of 68 mil. 

7% unemployment is a shit sandwich that all 68 mil will have to take a bite of. 

They'll be sick when it gets to this.

• Like 1