Big Ash tree needs felling

Cadno

1 hour ago, 5 shires said:

Exactly..I gave my opinion and get slatted for it so what’s the point?am all for a good discussion but I don’t need to justify myself to anyone on here or anywhere else.

i knew it wouldn’t be to long before the shit started.to many knobheads on here now just like stirring the shit,it was a good thread now it’s ended up like the rest of them on here,gets personal and that ends it.

Doesn't seem like anybody has been personal or slated you mate. I thought some of the prices and timeframes you mentioned were unrealistic. It's okay to disagree with people.

Taking offense is a choice. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, 5 shires said:

If you can get him down to £3’500 I would say that would be around the correct price to take down tree,remove all timber + woodchip and stump grinding.

You sniffin sommat? it was 1200 quid a few pages ago! Rag week is it!

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Dan Maynard said:

To be fair we didn't know it was 4 foot diameter at the beginning. I'd need to put enough on it to buy a bigger saw.

5ft dbh, so maybe 6 or more at the base.

Just checked, you’re right, 120cm equals 4 ft dbh.

Still going to be a fair bit bigger at the base.

Edited by Mick Dempsey

Must admit a interesting thread.

But does seem a bit strange the only 2 folk to see the tree physically have came in very high or high, possibly they seen something no one else has??

Possibly not as high as 1st thought.

Possibly it is harsh on contractors to say to OP should haggle price down when u have not actually seen the job or know how he itemised the quote.

End of day if he's getting a few quotes from local companies he can make informed decision to wot the price is.

Surely getting price down from 39 to 35 is haggling.

Whoever u get will not be a cheap job by sounds of it, might be well worth not going for cheapest price as it sounds the type of job u could easy under price so will be rushing to try and get finished possibly leaving a poorer job behind.

3 hours ago, 5 shires said:

Exactly..I gave my opinion and get slatted for it so what’s the point?am all for a good discussion but I don’t need to justify myself to anyone on here or anywhere else.

i knew it wouldn’t be to long before the shit started.to many knobheads on here now just like stirring the shit,it was a good thread now it’s ended up like the rest of them on here,gets personal and that ends it.

Haha.

That sounds a bit like a toddler tantrum.

You have your ways and others have theirs.

When you get paid all that cash would you be declaring it?

Honest question.

• Like 1

Bloody cash is more hassle than it's worth. You can't use it to pay for business stuff, so if you don't like spunking it down the pub (I don't) about all you can do with it is buy second hand tools with no VAT 'off the books'.

Trouble is, loosing the VAT on domestic jobs makes a big difference to the customer, so I tend to loose a lot of quotes this way.