Big Ash tree needs felling

Cadno

For what its worth im with 5shires on price. But thats just based ona couple pics eh. Hard to believe a 4 man team wouldnt get that chinned a 2 days, stump grinding on top. Really a 4 man team would get it stripped out in a day surely? Leaving a day for them heavy?

• Like 1

If you look at the first photograph even though it looks like a fairly big canopy it’s not that dense as there are other trees behind makeing it look thicker then it really is and yes just the 2 central stems which makes the job quite easy and quick to get down and I stand by my pricing that any decent local tree surgeon who is competent at the job would get that down in a day with a 3 Man Team and cleared as all useable timber will be left on site...it’s just my thoughts on the job and not disagreeing with anybody else’s price.

• Like 3

No ones seen the tree so can’t give a price imo , does kind of remind me of an ash I priced off a picture once and I vowed never to price of a picture again .. driving over Kew bridge I could see the only ash in the location of my sat Nav final destination was this monster thing towering over a 3 story house and my heart sank , it sank more when I realised there was a glass extension under it too.

Never mind, rigged out what needed and smashed the rest in a day with two groundies and a cheeky stunt fell and a quality big saw lunge I still walked away with more money than I had made in months so it didn’t end all bad

IMG_8970.jpg.39c70f0c9b952ce94a7409a1581eb818.jpgIMG_9307.jpg.839233afc8c33c28f22d659a86728077.jpg

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Cadno said:

Access is along the side of the house (see pictures) with the narrowest point 33”. Id need the stump removed. My son says he ‘might’ use the timber if it’s cut up. How would that effect the costs?

Even if the brash is taken and chipped, there is still going to be a lot of timber there and a fair amount of labour to turn it into firewood.
This about half the timber on a similar sized tree and when split it would create, bags upon bags of firewood. Like enough to fuel a house your size for a year or two.

Personally I would pay for someone to drop it, take it away and be done with it. This isn't a job where the corners could be cut.

Out of interest, who diagnosed that the tree had been infected?

20200607_175000_resized.jpg

20191006_170117_resized.jpg

3 minutes ago, little_p said:

Even if the brash is taken and chipped, there is still going to be a lot of timber there and a fair amount of labour to turn it into firewood.
This about half the timber on a similar sized tree and when split it would create, bags upon bags of firewood. Like enough to fuel a house your size for a year or two.

Personally I would pay for someone to drop it, take it away and be done with it. This isn't a job where the corners could be cut.

Out of interest, who diagnosed that the tree had been infected?

20200607_175000_resized.jpg

20191006_170117_resized.jpg

Don't think converting into fire wood is in the quote . Think that is down to the owner .

48 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Don't think converting into fire wood is in the quote . Think that is down to the owner .

That's what I'm saying. There is a lot of timber there. Even when it is felled, there is a lot of work to be done.
I was trying to give the OP a visualisation of what would be left behind if they just paid for it to be felled and trash chipped. And another photo of how much firewood would be there.
More work (and timber) than many homeowners realise and would be prepared to deal with.