Covid-19

Baldbloke

2 hours ago, Mesterh said:

Brilliant.

People don't have common sense. Look at what's already happening, people going out a lot more, loads more cars on the road than two weeks ago, people wondering around the shops as normal mostly in couples or with their teenager kids who could easily be left at home/in the car, all because they got a sniff of the exit strategy.

God knows what it's going to be like next week. 

Zero exit strategy in Scotland yet I’ve just been out myself to screwfix ?‍♂️Essential?? Not really if I was to be honest but credit to screwfix they have it reasonably well sorted. Went past a retail park containing a B&Q, bargain world, M &S etc and  the place was rammed with long queues. You either go solid lock down or not the halfway house we are seeing is not really working. Even the burger van next to screwfix was open. Truth is many have had enough of being told to stay at home simple as that. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mark J said:

Boris is to blame for everything Mark from corona to the price of fish, now that we have established that can you put up as many positive ideas as to how we do things better as you have done with the relentlessly negative and political posts. 
Sad but not surprising to see the political points scoring and posturing from all sides during what is a nation wide issue. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Zero exit strategy in Scotland yet I’ve just been out myself to screwfix ?‍♂️Essential?? Not really if I was to be honest but credit to screwfix they have it reasonably well sorted. Went past a retail park containing a B&Q, bargain world, M &S etc and  the place was rammed with long queues. You either go solid lock down or not the halfway house we are seeing is not really working. Even the burger van next to screwfix was open. Truth is many have had enough of being told to stay at home simple as that. 

Sounds like you've been to Union Square. :D 

10 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Did anyone mention mixed messages?, the likes of screwfix (not diy stores) are open because there is a need to keep tradesmen in supply so they can carry on working. How's that work on bigger sites when folk are mingling with each other?

4 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Boris is to blame for everything Mark from corona to the price of fish, now that we have established that can you put up as many positive ideas as to how we do things better as you have done with the relentlessly negative and political posts. 
Sad but not surprising to see the political points scoring and posturing from all sides during what is a nation wide issue. 

Let's face it he is to blame for how bad it is in the country. We had the advantage of hindsight but sat back and watched it take country by country and did nothing. China went from dealing with a never before seen virus to having it pretty much under control in 3 months. Ministers said they went to meeting to discuss it in January but 5 months on its rife in the UK. Not condoning the markets in China that enabled this virus to cross species but their subsequent handling puts us to shame.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

can you put up as many positive ideas as to how we do things better

We could look at how other countries have prevented deaths and copied them. {insert positive smiley face}.

image.png.d8c1eea38cf6847201fbbda4d7a0d9ca.png

34 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

You either go solid lock down or not the halfway house we are seeing is not really working

You answered your own question.

Edited by Mark J
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Woodworks said:

Let's face it he is to blame for how bad it is in the country. We had the advantage of hindsight but sat back and watched it take country by country and did nothing. China went from dealing with a never before seen virus to having it pretty much under control in 3 months. Ministers said they went to meeting to discuss it in January but 5 months on its rife in the UK. Not condoning the markets in China that enabled this virus to cross species but their subsequent handling puts us to shame.

1 hour ago, Mark J said:

We could look at how other countries have prevented deaths and copied them. {insert positive smiley face}.

image.png.d8c1eea38cf6847201fbbda4d7a0d9ca.png

You answered your own question.

Well we can not now do what New Zealand did and the long term effects of how that will work out will be seen. So some positives based on the current circumstances ie what would you suggest ??????. I do agree borders should have been shut full stop, how that would have went down prior to a large number of deaths is hard to say. 
yeah totally his fault 100% I presume he made every decision himself and the people around the table including what are supposedly our best scientists just nodded and agreed with him. Chinese statistics and the government in power are not subject to the media scrutiny you see here. 
regarding answering my own question mark the lockdown is not being enforced or taken seriously by a lot of people. The advice was and is being given !! What do you suggest comrade “Army on the streets enforcing it” the outcry would be off the scale. 
Couple of pertinent points Mark New Zealand 18 people per square km, population let’s call it 5 million !!. 
Uk 259 people per square km, population let’s call it 68 million, start looking at nearest land masses etc and ease of securing the borders then the task of the government becomes slightly less onerous.  

• Like 1