Covid-19

Baldbloke

1 hour ago, Stere said:

Now lockdown is going to be eased abit on Sunday but cases are still  high atm. Surely means it will carry on(both lockdown and deaths) for months longer if R value is around 1?

image.png.acf0f8f3e7a6ae617a9f208ecfc4e1ae.png

Germay easing lockdown but look at there numbers....

image.png.b41463b652e5ba919bc34cfdd3f0276e.png

And Germany is not alone in bringing cases down dramatically once they started lockdown. Almost all countries who have brought in a lockdown have brought their cases down far faster than the UK. We have our selves to blame for that.

If we could do a perfect lockdown there would be no cases in a just a fews weeks as the virus would never get a new host. But in reality loads of people dont understand what we are trying to do or simply dont care either way we keep getting lots of new infections. No idea what the answer is though. I would have had the army on the streets with the police in an attempt to enforce what we were supposed to be doing from the start but that might have brought about other problems.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

And Germany is not alone in bringing cases down dramatically once they started lockdown. Almost all countries who have brought in a lockdown have brought their cases down far faster than the UK. We have our selves to blame for that.

If we could do a perfect lockdown there would be no cases in a just a fews weeks as the virus would never get a new host. But in reality loads of people dont understand what we are trying to do or simply dont care either way we keep getting lots of new infections. No idea what the answer is though. I would have had the army on the streets with the police in an attempt to enforce what we were supposed to be doing from the start but that might have brought about other problems.

Can we blame the government (not Tory bashing) for the problem,  sending out mixed messages? Some big construction sites have carried on working through the lockdown, hundreds of blokes catching the tube and working side by side each day. Boris going around telling folk he'd been shaking hands with people he said he knew had Covid-19, the fella who's name escapes me but he was one of the people that advised the lockdown was caught meeting up with his lady friend. It beggars belief, one rule for us and another rule for the others does not make sense.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Can we blame the government (not Tory bashing) for the problem,  sending out mixed messages? Some big construction sites have carried on working through the lockdown, hundreds of blokes catching the tube and working side by side each day. Boris going around telling folk he'd been shaking hands with people he said he knew had Covid-19, the fella who's name escapes me but he was one of the people that advised the lockdown was caught meeting up with his lady friend. It beggars belief, one rule for us and another rule for the others does not make sense.

The government has made big fuck ups on this. I personally think they should be held to account, but not yet while we are still in big trouble with it all.

all the opposition sides are starting to play politics instead of helping deal with it( tories not helping themselves by not involving other parties enough maybe?)

Edited by Richard 1234

Anyone got any info on who is currently being infected, is it hospital staff, care workers, retirement home patients and staff etc or is it joe blogs and his wife who still go shopping twice a day, factory/warehouse workers who won't or can't distance from each other.

There must be some info out there as there are still 4,000 plus cases a day which looks like it hads't changed much for the last weeks 4-5 weeks!

30 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

We can if we want but that wont protect our friends and family. To be fair they did tell us to stay at home, food shop as little as possible and clean our hands. As a nation we did that for a few weeks but last time I went out for a food shop it was like lockdown was over! Yes the government has been pathetic and ineffectual but it in our hands to tackle this. I think most know what we have to do we just have to do it.

I defended the government to start with thinking they must have some grand plan but that clearly is not the case. Feeling extra pissed off now as my father in law look like he may have gone down with it.

Just now, tree-fancier123 said:

All those who say 'I'm never buying anything from China again' - what if it turns out one of their companies are first to develop an effective vaccine? 

Then the West should do what the Chinese have always done. Ignore the patent and just copy it. Job done.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Then the West should do what the Chinese have always done. Ignore the patent and just copy it. Job done.

Someone yesterday said to me never buying anything made in China again. Maybe he won't ever get a new smartphone. Is there one without any components made in China?