Covid-19

Baldbloke

Just now, openspaceman said:

Maybe but it's the bureaucracy not the nursing profession that needs looking at.

Of course dealing with the little item I mentioned would lead to even more paperwork.

No, I quite agree there.  We've always had first class care in the NHS and always ensure we let them know much we appreciated their care. When our two year old was 3 months old my Wife fell in Tesco and fractured her knee and damaged some tendons. They gave her a room to herself due to having the baby and I was quite set for sleeping on the chair beside her. But they actually gave me a room next to my wife's so I could sleep too. Every time we've been there its always been the same. 

But as you mention its the bureaucracy and management that heavily mar the NHS. The people at the coalface have to make do as best they can and constantly have the worry of getting sued for doing something wrong. 

When our last daughter was born my wife opted for a water birth. The Midwife suggested she come out the pool, go to the toilet and then pop onto the bed for a quick examination before getting back in the pool. But as my wife was on the toilet another contraction came and with my wife standing up the baby came and fell into the toilet. ?  The Midwife and I where chatting away at this point and she went pale. She'd kinda dropped the ball and for the next two days was shitting herself we where going to either put an official complaint in or worse, sue the NHS. We had one of my wifes friend working on the Ward at the time so she filled us in with the details, and the bollocking the other Midwife got. But not once did it occur to us to complain about it. It was just one of those things. 

What really pisses me off is people using the NHS as a political tool to score points. Its pathetic and clearly not the issue. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Mark J said:

Watch this @TIMON

Then tell me you'd offer him a job in charge of anything

He really is turning into the Dianne Abbott of the States. :D 

So who do the Dems line up to beat him later this year? A Serial sex offender who cant remember what he had for breakfast. Biden could hide his own Easter Eggs.

Seriously, WTH is going on over there? Trump is almost guaranteed another 4 years, but with Biden and Pelosi at the Dems helm what choice do the American People have? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, trigger_andy said:

He really is turning into the Dianne Abbott of the States. :D 

So who do the Dems line up to beat him later this year? A Serial sex offender who cant remember what he had for breakfast. Biden could hide his own Easter Eggs.

Seriously, WTH is going on over there? Trump is almost guaranteed another 4 years, but with Biden and Pelosi at the Dems helm what choice do the American People have? 

I can't believe they selected fecking Biden. One 70 something white guy against another, both morally and ethically compromised. Both representing exactly what is wrong with America. I'm reminded of Douglas Adams and The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy:

“[Ford said] ".. On its world, the people are people. The leaders are lizards. The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur. "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford. "It is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them," said Ford. "They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they voted in more or less approximates to the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards?"
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going in for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard," said Ford, "the wrong lizard might get in.”

Douglas Adams, The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

• Like 3

Watch this @TIMON

Then tell me you'd offer him a job in charge of anything

"image.png.c202c3edb90e30e4a6954f935bc4cddb.png
"

American politics is a ‘target rich’ environment.
If I had to chose between Trump and Biden....

I still can’t believe it... these two are the best that the US can offer....

Biden is pure class though.....
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, TIMON said:

American politics is a ‘target rich’ environment.
If I had to chose between Trump and Biden....

I still can’t believe it... these two are the best that the US can offer....

Biden is pure class though.....

The mind boggles.