Buying a new saw

BCC

Hi, this is my first post on here, I run a landscaping/fencing business and I also own a wood.  So I use saws a fair bit.  At the moment I have 2 saws an 026 and 291.  Both of  which are getting on and TBH sometimes lack the power required for larger hardwoods.  I've been looking at trading up to a MS362 so I could easily run an 18 bar and from time to time a 20inch bar.  I have hedge cutters and brush cutters which are all stihl and use HP super.  Because of the the fuel I would rather stick to stihl although the Husky 562 looks good.  However, I have no experience of Mtronic or Autotune.  The dealers of course say they have no problems although a local repair guy has told me that its a nightmare although I'm not sure hes saying that as its doing him out of business.  So my questions are as follows, is Mtronic and Autotune problematic? are these saws difficult to start after a period of little of no use, Should I go for the third option of Echo 620 which looks a bit more old school.

Thank you in advance.

2 hours ago, BCC said:

Hi, this is my first post on here, I run a landscaping/fencing business and I also own a wood.  So I use saws a fair bit.  At the moment I have 2 saws an 026 and 291.  Both of  which are getting on and TBH sometimes lack the power required for larger hardwoods.  I've been looking at trading up to a MS362 so I could easily run an 18 bar and from time to time a 20inch bar.  I have hedge cutters and brush cutters which are all stihl and use HP super.  Because of the the fuel I would rather stick to stihl although the Husky 562 looks good.  However, I have no experience of Mtronic or Autotune.  The dealers of course say they have no problems although a local repair guy has told me that its a nightmare although I'm not sure hes saying that as its doing him out of business.  So my questions are as follows, is Mtronic and Autotune problematic? are these saws difficult to start after a period of little of no use, Should I go for the third option of Echo 620 which looks a bit more old school.

Thank you in advance.

362 is not that good of a saw, even thou i own 9 saws a blower and hedge cutter and they are all still the new 261 will blow both your saws away but 18 or 20" bar i would,nt bother there are some good deals on the 441 at the moment while stocks last, 441 got plenty of grunt on a 20" bar and its old school no mtronic ,but have 2 saws on mtronic and no bother at all and its not as if they dont get used, had a 241 with over 400 hrs on it 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allseasons said:

I would go with a 560xp amazing saw and power to weight is spot on had mine 3 years and if it stopped tomorrow i would go straight out and buy another

I use the same. It's a good saw but my mate just got the 562xp and it knocks the 560 into a cocked hat with a 20" bar.

Never had problems with the electronics to date 

25 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

I use the same. It's a good saw but my mate just got the 562xp and it knocks the 560 into a cocked hat with a 20" bar.

Never had problems with the electronics to date 

That's odd as they are the same cc . maybe its the 3/8 chain on the 562 ?

• Like 1

Go 70cc+
You'll be happier with the results.
The 361/2 is not a great saw. And I'm a stihl fan.
The husky 60cc range is better.
But any 70cc saw will pull a 20-25" with ease.
[emoji106]
I agree with you apart from the 361. It's a decent no faff tough 60cc saw, pick mine up over the 357 most times
  • Like 1