Working day start times

Jack.P

What time would you consider is too early to start everyday for £10p.h ? I usually will work 9-5 type hours when doing sub subcontractor work or my own jobs .(£15-£20 p.h )

never been one for early starts .im not lazy  just realistic .and really can't see myself starting this early .been talking to someone who wants me to do some groundie jobs to start at 06.45 and is around 25 min drive so probably have to leave at 6.15 and be up 5.45 . I was just looking for bit more winter work initially as things can slow down a bit  coming into the winter .i was going to try it for a day with them tommorow but not sure now .even the thought of it makes me tired lol

• Like 1

We start at yard 7:30 every day

I’ve had to be all over for 7:00 am when subbing. Sometimes a good 40-50 mile away so get up early and get on

also does that read your booked in tomorrow for them, all areanged and now wondering if you can be bothered to go?

Edited by swinny

When I used to work in London for someone else we used to start at 7.00 at the yard to beat the traffic.

After being sacked from there my next boss used to leave at 8.30 saying it was better to leave later to avoid the traffic.

He was right as it goes.

As for the OP, “hands off cocks, on socks”

When I'm subbing I'll be there when asked to. If its radge work and long hours just make sure your paid accordingly. If you dont like starting early, just do what you have agreed then stop!

I'm not Into being up before 6. And ideally it'll not be much before 7. but when I am i usually appreciate being up and about that time of day. Breakfast and brew in a nice quiet for once house, sun coming up etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1