aspenarb

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

David, for the sake of this excellent forum's credibility you need to give us an explanation of why you took this action.

Banning trouble makers is fine, closing down invited debate with no explanation is not.

He's right David....'discuss anything from religion to politics'

The Making the News thread has some serious traffic, over 69,000 views.

What is the precise reason for closing the thread?

Maybe we could address it head on?

David, for the sake of this excellent forum's credibility you need to give us an explanation of why you took this action.

Banning trouble makers is fine, closing down invited debate with no explanation is not.

He's right David....'discuss anything from religion to politics'

The Making the News thread has some serious traffic, over 69,000 views.

What is the precise reason for closing the thread?

Maybe we could address it head on?

This very excellent forums' credibility is being directly threatened by a minority (but significant number) who used that particular thread and other similar ones' (just like is happening on this one as well, surprise, surprise) purely as a conduit for ongoing flaming, swearing and vile natured posts.

This is directly against Arbtalks' rules.

It would seem that the ignorant choose to disregard said rules, and are somewhat shocked that they fall foul of moderation.

Through a long time experience served of moderating, I can tell you both that there are not enough of us 'tolerant' souls to manage these threads to keep them 'civil' and sadly the members do not help us enough with this.

We would like to keep them open but the minority are spoiling it for the majority.

I won't be responding on this thread anymore, I have some life stuff to get on with.

This very excellent forums' credibility is being directly threatened by a minority (but significant number) who used that particular thread and other similar ones' (just like is happening on this one as well, surprise, surprise) purely as a conduit for ongoing flaming, swearing and vile natured posts.

This is directly against Arbtalks' rules.

It would seem that the ignorant choose to disregard said rules, and are somewhat shocked that they fall foul of moderation.

Through a long time experience served of moderating, I can tell you both that there are not enough of us 'tolerant' souls to manage these threads to keep them 'civil' and sadly the members do not help us enough with this.

We would like to keep them open but the minority are spoiling it for the majority.

I won't be responding on this thread anymore, I have some life stuff to get on with.

With respect David, the thread you have closed has everything to do with "life stuff", and the importance of continuing to discuss these issues can not be overstated.

I greatly appreciate you sharing your reasons with us, but I definitely think you have taken the wrong action.

If any of us break the rules, ban us, otherwise the trouble makers will only pop up on other threads-increasing the workload of the mods. Closing down debate gets all of us nowhere, and is in danger of creating an environment that I for one would be reluctant to spend time in. Obviously, no great loss to the forum in my case:biggrin:, but I hope you can see the danger.