Annoying Things Guys Do On Site

Haironyourchest

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh, seeings you're here......

People who take initiative and look for stuff to do on site without being asked. I'm not used to that and find it very off putting :biggrin:

Save

Does he do that for you as well don't know who he thinks he is using initiative on a job site 😉

All the things on here I have read I aggree with. I find myself muttering most days.

Unnecessary use of silkys drives me mad and mincing climbers who spend time removing every little bit of Ivey on a dismantle. I think most of its down to the stress of being a boss and running a business. I do have some really good lads but in the past its not been like that.

Edited by Root and branch sw

All the things on here I have read I aggree with. I find myself muttering most days.

Unnecessary use of silkys drives me mad and mincing climbers who spend time removing every little bit of Ivey on a dismantle. I think most of its down to the stress of being a boss and running a business.

I quite agree. The saying "A silky is just as fast as a chainsaw" is the biggest lie known to man. It's just code for "I'm too scared to use a chainsaw"

Seems to me like this thread is a lot of climbers and boss men moaning about everybody else! As a time served groundie, I can say with confidence that nobody is perfect, climbers and boss men included! There has been plenty of times I've wanted to drag a climber out the tree and chip them, or give the boss a hoof up the backside. It works both ways, but not everyone is useless. You just have to find the good ones and stay working with them

In my opinion if something is wrong or annoys you, do something about it. If said idiot doesn't learn you then have a real problem. You can't cure stupid, as is said a lot.

This 👍, but also the man who decides he's doing all the cutting and blunts all the saws then holds the job up by sharpening, everyone deciding there a hero and go off in all directions doing there own thing instead of working together, particuarly on site clearances.

Sent from my E5823 using Arbtalk mobile app

As a climber:

Looking down at blank faces when there's a big brash pile and the chippers running flat out with nothing going through it.

Not starting your saw up on the ground after it's been refueled.

Leaving a big log on your rope so you can't pull it up.

As a groundie:

Climbers who smash limbs off without any regard for the people on the ground.

Cutting limbs with pegs or forks at the end that's going to be fed into the chipper meaning the saw has to be started up.

When the climber comes down leaving all his ropes and kit everywhere to go check his phone / smoke etc and expect everything to be done before he shows his face.

Sure I'll think of some more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The climber insisting that I put another turn round the trunk with the felling rope " coz this chog is a heavy mother " ...he cuts it off and it just hangs there with the extra friction and I have to walk around the trunk and unwind the extra turn . ( old skool )

When the climber comes down leaving all his ropes and kit everywhere to go check his phone / smoke etc and expect everything to be done before he shows his face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most climbers will only come down after everything's cleared up, cheesy selfies are taken/posted up on here , trucks running ,warmed up and pointing homeward bound .

Bob