Tools worthy of a mention.

aspenarb

58 minutes ago, Ian Leach said:

Got these Milwaukee impact sockets recently fits my 1/4 drive gun but 3/8 sockets. Impressed so far. Used them for loads of different jobs

IMG_20230912_210830_HDR.jpg

Doing the full monty on my van brakes requires either a 16mm, an 18mm or quite possibly both. Renault, you bâtards.

Edited by AHPP

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

anyone use one of these?  hoping to take tough cement render of a small area.

i have a nice sds drill but its not up to it and i dont want to kill it.

i have rented a big boy bosch one that flew through it but im wondering if this might work okish for the money as i dislike hiring if i can help it. thanks

WWW.SCREWFIX.IE

Order Titan 7.7kg Electric SDS Max Drill 230-240V at Screwfix.ie. Screwfix customers rate this product 4.6/5. FREE next day delivery available, free collection in 1 minute.

I borrowed one of these, or a similar one anyway, to drill some big holes in a hard, old stone wall. Did a good job when my usual battery hammer drill wouldnt even scrape the surface.

It did leak a bit of oil / grease from the chuck while in use, but the owner said it always did that! I think titan kit is generally pretty good for the money.

• Like 1

Just a different take on adjustable spanners,I find these dont get 'sloppy' on both the worm gear and don't suffer from the sideways creep on the jaws that most conventially designed tend to.Not cheap,but you'll only buy them once.Also in my pic,the tiny wire cutters that laugh in the face lf agri fencing cuts-and these are cheapish too.

IMG_20240311_203457.jpg

IMG_20240311_203511.jpg

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Trailoftears said:

Just a different take on adjustable spanners,I find these dont get 'sloppy' on both the worm gear and don't suffer from the sideways creep on the jaws that most conventially designed tend to.Not cheap,but you'll only buy them once.Also in my pic,the tiny wire cutters that laugh in the face lf agri fencing cuts-and these are cheapish too.

IMG_20240311_203457.jpg

IMG_20240311_203511.jpg

Excellent brand, Knipex. Solid German engineering.

• Like 1