Wedding or stump grinding ?

Stefan Palokangas

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had 8 stumps to grind today and whilst out there working was thinking about this thread . . . . I love my job! I work hard and will work 6-7 days if required however I work hard so I can enjoy myself with my wife and little un whenever we want, we like a holiday or 2 and go out for meals regular etc. Anyway point being I was thinking today would I rather be here grinding stumps or at a wedding with the wife and little un having a few Guinness and spending some quality time which you can never get back?!?! Choice seemed easy I would have done the wedding rearranged the grinding!

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

My take on the whole situation is that Stefan has a lot on his plate and has done for a while...

Stefan copes by working hard.. work is his Yoga, his music to relax to...

Now I don't judge him for his actions but I do feel he aught ruminate on his method sometimes..

I feel he aught to understand that sacrificing something(his time) for others/his partner, might well have healing qualities equal if not greater, than grinding out a stump...

Had 8 stumps to grind today and whilst out there working was thinking about this thread . . . . I love my job! I work hard and will work 6-7 days if required however I work hard so I can enjoy myself with my wife and little un whenever we want, we like a holiday or 2 and go out for meals regular etc. Anyway point being I was thinking today would I rather be here grinding stumps or at a wedding with the wife and little un having a few Guinness and spending some quality time which you can never get back?!?! Choice seemed easy I would have done the wedding rearranged the grinding!

I enjoy a wee drink to

f921883d122493565e21271cb26e41dd.jpg

Stefan and the guy who runs back from the chipper should get together and take over the world.

The guys feeding the chippers is in most cases the nicest chaps out there, I respect them.

I think AHPP was referring to this little cracker...

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/general-chat/63268-arb-work-hard-work.html

Good call AAHP, a classic whitch hunt indeed, probably one of my favorites.