Wedding or stump grinding ?

Stefan Palokangas

That's an interesting question....

Can you tell us, roughly / ball park, what the job earned you Stephan?

Maybe it'd be easier to understand then:

(1) £100 v potentially letting the Mrs down

(2) £500 v .....................

(3) £1000 v ....................

(4) £2500 v .................

(5) £5000 v .............

(6) £10,000..........

(7) £25,000........

(8) £100,000.......

(9) £250,000

In the circumstances you describe, I reckon the majority would have a point on a sliding scale where they might follow your lead, question is, what is the critical mass?

Genuinely, for me, it would have to be greater than (3) gusting (4) and a great portion of that money would then have to be sidelined to the direct benefit of wife & baby.

Stefan.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm eating dog food tonight sleeping in the spare room, washing cleaning full house, repairing my stump grinder and still a good 3 hours work in it and it's now 20:19... It's a bless I'm a such strong and positive bloke, most of you would not have coped with this, I got work first thing in morning and if lucky when I cleaned full house after this I might have got some sleep but I doubt it... Walk in my shoes and judge me afterwards

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Woo there Neddy!

When did you walk in everyone's else's shoes in order for you to judge what and when they are capable of?

Then you say walk in your shoes before you judge.

So what's it to be then?

Woo there Neddy!

When did you walk in everyone's else's shoes in order for you to judge what and when they are capable of?

Then you say walk in you ur shoes before you judge.

So what's it to be then?

It's my belief some of you really believe it's a reward waiting for you somewhere if you can find faults in others, shame on you !

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I think Stefan that work has to be done and must be done. I happily go to work at six every morning and try to be done by seven in the evening and then spend an hour or so doing paperwork at the dining room table whilst the mrs cooks tea and we talk about our day during this hour. But Sunday is a proper day off and has to be for me otherwise why are we together if we don't enjoy time together? I have enough work on the books to work seven days and seven nights every week but surely at some point the human body or the kit needs to stop and be repaired? I've done it before where I've come from a day shift of my own and then showered eaten and gone for a nightshift doing pts. To what end?

Stefan,

No shame on me mate. Just pointing out a few small facts.

I have no interest in scoring points to gain perceived importance amongst a group of people who 99% of them I have never met.

I just pointed out that you seem to have a highly inflated opinion of yourself and what you are capable of compared to others.

Then ask others not judge.

I don't know you from Adam, I also don't know your circumstances. I probably never will.

However you wish to dress it up, hard working, stubborn, tenacious.

The facts don't change though...

you chose stump grinding

you said you would go to wedding

You blew your fiancé out to go do some work

You started a thread on here, that came across as you gloating about it

You didn't like some of the responses you recieved.

You judge other members with disdain and comment they wouldn't be able do what you do.

In reality, it is all your fault, that you let your fiancé down and are in the dog house.

I have met a lot of people like you before...

Enjoy the chappie.

Edited by Rich Rule

My old man worked at goldthorpe colliery and was one off two out of four hundred to insist on a transfer rather than redundancy. He earnt a bloody fortune, for scale he aren't as a man per day paye what most of us charge for three men with chipper now and that was in the 80s! But he's fecked and cannot relax and ten years after working shifts is still on the shift pattern. He will never relax and will never enjoy himself he works or sleep, my mother is miserable as a result. Is that what you want? Hat of to you for working hard but think on.