Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

50 minutes ago, Rough Hewn said:

Where's this hatred coming from matelot?
You've been writing emotive and racist crap on this thread everyday for months if not longer.
What happened to you?
Why do you think all uk social problems are immigrant related.
I suggest you leave your keyboard, go out in to the big bright world.
Meet with some local migrants, learn about their lives, empathise.
Then if you really need to post stuff on Arbtalk, try discussing tree related stuff.
Just a thought.
emoji12.png

How many stories in the news are immigrant related? The next time you watch the news just take a mental note of how many stories are related to immigrant groups... It's over half... Some days 100% of the news stories are immigrant related....

No one is saying that all problems in the UK are immigrant related. However let's be honest, many problems people have are indirectly made worse by immigration. Wages are getting held down because millions of migrants will work for rubbish money and conditions. The NHS is in crisis because of the amount of migrants needing treatment. We're cutting down trees to make room for new housing for these migrants...

The only group that really benefits from mass immigration is big business as it means they can pay employees less. I don't know, maybe we're all cool with mass immigration so that the bosses of FTSE 100 firms can pay themselves an extra £1m bonus?

It's not "hatred" to discuss these issues.... 

20 minutes ago, matelot said:

How many stories in the news are immigrant related? The next time you watch the news just take a mental note of how many stories are related to immigrant groups... It's over half... Some days 100% of the news stories are immigrant related....

No one is saying that all problems in the UK are immigrant related. However let's be honest, many problems people have are indirectly made worse by immigration. Wages are getting held down because millions of migrants will work for rubbish money and conditions. The NHS is in crisis because of the amount of migrants needing treatment. We're cutting down trees to make room for new housing for these migrants...

The only group that really benefits from mass immigration is big business as it means they can pay employees less. I don't know, maybe we're all cool with mass immigration so that the bosses of FTSE 100 firms can pay themselves an extra £1m bonus?

If you carry on posting like that people will stop calling you a racist and we might be able to make some ground on this conversation. 

Still highly suspect, but hugely better IMO.

• Like 1

Let's be honest...?

The uk birth rate is 1.81
We'd be in trouble if we didn't have immigration.

What I'd really like to know is, what is behind your personal vendetta against immigration?
How has it effected you so badly that you have to go on a public forum and demonise immigrants?
Do you have any experiences with immigrants?
Not hating you, just like to discuss the roots of your issues.
[emoji12]

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Rough Hewn said:

Why is a gently falling population a bad thing? Have you not heard of climate change? Maybe having less kids is one way to help protect our environment...

Before you post something along the lines of "we need migrants to work and pay tax". The average migrant takes more from the taxpayer than he pays in tax.... 

What the UK really needs is more quality control when it comes to immigration. We should only be allowing in people that speak English and will contribute more than they take out. As it is, we hand out British passports to anyone that can hide beneath lorry at Calais and makes it to the UK.

46 minutes ago, Rough Hewn said:

Let's be honest...?

Why "trouble?"

(the supposed need for) Immigration is a symptom of a problem which you appear not to have fully diagnosed...

The supposed need for more (young tax paying) people is predicated upon the belief that exponential growth is the solution.

The pursuit of exponential growth is not the solution, it is the ponzi scheme problem.  Ergo, the supposed requirement for immigration based upon a perceived need for growth is a fundamentally flawed concept.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This is one of a number of attacks and assaults that have occurred in and around Oldham in the last few weeks https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/horrific-moment-thugs-tried-kill-14444509

I've also hard about at least half a dozen other incidents that haven't been reported either to the police or by the local media. Oldham just feels like a powder keg at the moment and I don't think that it'll take much more to set off. 

5 minutes ago, forestboy1978 said:

Jesus that is horrific...

Typical bloody English staying on the train and doing fuck all... 

Other reports said that passengers pulled the emergency cord to open the doors, which then caused the attackers to flee. Two have now been charged (15 years old I think) with attempted murder, GBH and attempted GBH. A third was in custody but hadn't been charged last I read.

This is just one of a number of serious recent assaults. A mate of a colleague was stabbed after a group in a car drove at his car and he retaliated with a comment. They forced him to stop then beat him up. 

I think we'll get more riots this summer. 

7 hours ago, matelot said:

Mate!

Yes immigration/migration is exacerbating these issues, in particular areas,

BUT,

So many of them are essentially home grown, with our own local village, sans migrants, as good an example as any.

Widespread benefit fraud including housing benefit fraud, the extra "freebie" taxpayer funded homes then being privately rented for cash.

And aside from that, so many entirely taxpayer funded homes/houses with perhaps only 1/2 or 1 or 2 persons living in 3 bedroom houses, because,

hey!

they dont pay.

i.e. knocked up lassie gets a house provided, but still lives with her Mam.

No society can provide for such inefficient house/home allocation.

Nor do I see this undeniable fact referred to anywhere in the breast-beating housing crisis stories.

mth

Edited by difflock