Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Thank you HoYC,

Your last line is the essence of the issue;

"Combine that with a modern liberal snowflake policy that refuses to punish anyone"

As Talmud apparently said; "Those who are kind to the cruel are being cruel to the kind"

Still absolutely true.

Any society can only function, if all members, either voluntarily, or if not voluntarily,  under some kind of duress, or real threat of punishment, adhere to the rules that govern the society.

This will obviously cause some, but well deserved, suffering, but only to those who choose to ignore the rules.

regards

marcus

Edited by difflock
  • Like 2

The problem we have in the west is moral poverty, not monetary. Compared to our peasant ancestors even the poorest live like royalty today. Its a lack of moral fiber, backbone, horse sense, willpower, smarts, whatever you wanna call it. The deficit comes from poor parenting by parents who themselves were poorly parented and so on, since the industrial revolution. Also environmental pressure and TV. The youth being caged indoors and in school when they should be working the fields or forest from the age of seven. Combine that with a modern liberal snowflake policy that refuses to punish anyone....

Thank you HoYC,
Your last line is the essence of the issue;

"Combine that with a modern liberal snowflake policy that refuses to punish anyone"

As Talmud apparently said; "Those who are kind to the cruel are being cruel to the kind"
Still absolutely true.

Any society can only function, if all members, either voluntarily, or if not voluntarily,  under some kind of duress, or real threat of punishment, adhere to the rules that govern the society.
This will obviously cause some, but well deserved, suffering, but only to those who choose to ignore the rules.
regards
marcus

Aye the problems built up over the decades are obvious enough, it’s the solutions that are hard to come by, as government after government have proved.

27 minutes ago, TIMON said:

Fred Dibnah’s house and collection to go under the hammer.
A good opportunity to acquire some interesting artifacts but a shame to see it split up.
Apparently the current owner couldn’t find a buyer for the whole lot.

Thus never before shall there be a larger number of flapcap wearing Whippet owners assemble on auction day to bid by halfpenny increments.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, TIMON said:

Fred Dibnah’s house and collection to go under the hammer.
A good opportunity to acquire some interesting artifacts but a shame to see it split up.
Apparently the current owner couldn’t find a buyer for the whole lot.

Oh, I might see into that, just to nosy about some..  I might buy that bow an arrow he used for a laugh..   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mark J said:

He's stereotyping like some loony leftie.  Just because you have a lot of time on your hands and you spend it trolling an arbsite, doesn't make you workshy.  Shame on Him and Corbyn the bastard.  Go Wesp.

He can think what he likes, I don't sign on, and I like to see my contributions to arbtalk as enlivening debate.   always happy to add my twopence worth I am.. :thumbup1:

• Like 1