Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

What really gets me with the BBC is that they continually attack Trump for things he's said. Then they do virtually nothing to criticise Tony Blair... The Prime Minister that was fundamental in turning a stable Iraq into a vicious civil war.

However Blair is hardly criticised because he says all the politically correct stuff. I guess being behind the deaths of a couple of million is ok as long as you say something like "diversity is strength".

Imho, Blair should be hanging from a rope.

Our media irrelevant of topic are massively biased they are attacking trump hand over fist, are the American media bashing him the same? 

Do we we have any yanks amongst us? How is he doing from a boots on the floor perspective? 

Im nor pro or against trump as he ain’t running the UK and how we can decide how he’s doing for his own people based on media speculation based on international affairs is beyond me. 

Our leader is at some point going to upset most of the EU but so long as we get the most positives as possible out of it I couldn’t care less! If we are hated but are doing well I’ll take that over being a popular nation with no money. 

So what news are we looking at folks? Personally I try and get the raw data before the various news outlets put their slant on it.
Then I’ll look at a range of newspapers / apps to get a feel for what’s out there.
Then I make MY OWN mind up.
Firstly I get subscriptions to some think tanks such as:

Chatham House. Uk mainly central politically.

Gatestone Institute: USA right of centre

INSS. Israel. Left of centre.

Debka file. Middle East. Centre.

Then I look at the news outlets.

The Times. Right of centre

The Express. Right of Centre.

The Guardian. Left of centre.

The Independent (sic). Left

Jerusalem Post. Right of centre.

Fox News. Right of centre.

Breitbart. Right

This gives a reasonably good scope of what’s happening and I get to make my own mind up without being spoon fed a particular narrative.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, matelot said:

What really gets me with the BBC is that they continually attack Trump for things he's said. Then they do virtually nothing to criticise Tony Blair... The Prime Minister that was fundamental in turning a stable Iraq into a vicious civil war.

However Blair is hardly criticised because he says all the politically correct stuff. I guess being behind the deaths of a couple of million is ok as long as you say something like "diversity is strength".

Imho, Blair should be hanging from a rope.

Blair is a funny one, schools for the future and hospitals where massively improved and created under him and when he was in power he did a lot of good things for the people and I thought for a lot of his reign he was a good leader. 

I now detest the bloke and can’t stand the sight of him! 

He did do some good though. 

5 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

The BBC really get on you're nerves don't they Matelot? Why watch it then? 

Get your news from elsewhere.

I think you should get your news from a couple of different sources. What boils my piss with the BBC is that I have to give them money by law. Why should I be forced to give money to an organisation that holds me in contempt?

Lol, I have an electronic subscription to the Daily Mail for £10 a month.... I've not used it once :) I might also donate money to Tommy Robinson's new TV studio.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, matelot said:

I think you should get your news from a couple of different sources. What boils my piss with the BBC is that I have to give them money by law. Why should I be forced to give money to an organisation that holds me in contempt?

Lol, I have an electronic subscription to the Daily Mail for £10 a month.... I've not used it once :) I might also donate money to Tommy Robinson's new TV studio.

No you don’t. Ask @Vespasian if he gives the bbc any money. 

3 minutes ago, WesD said:

Blair is a funny one, schools for the future and hospitals where massively improved and created under him and when he was in power he did a lot of good things for the people and I thought for a lot of his reign he was a good leader. 

I now detest the bloke and can’t stand the sight of him! 

He did do some good though. 

When Blair pops his clogs I'll be having a drink to celebrate. I hope if there is a Heaven he'll have to answer for his actions.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TIMON said:

So what news are we looking at folks? Personally I try and get the raw data before the various news outlets put their slant on it.
Then I’ll look at a range of newspapers / apps to get a feel for what’s out there.
Then I make MY OWN mind up.
Firstly I get subscriptions to some think tanks such as:

Chatham House. Uk mainly central politically.

Gatestone Institute: USA right of centre

INSS. Israel. Left of centre.

Debka file. Middle East. Centre.

Then I look at the news outlets.

The Times. Right of centre

The Express. Right of Centre.

The Guardian. Left of centre.

The Independent (sic). Left

Jerusalem Post. Right of centre.

Fox News. Right of centre.

Breitbart. Right

This gives a reasonably good scope of what’s happening and I get to make my own mind up without being spoon fed a particular narrative.

The real challenge is reading the articles with a totally open mind. I really have to watch myself with this.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, matelot said:

When Blair pops his clogs I'll be having a drink to celebrate. I hope if there is a Heaven he'll have to answer for his actions.

He converted to Catholicism as soon as he left office. As long as he confesses his sins he'll be fine.

Edited by the village idiot
  • Like 1