Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

7 minutes ago, matelot said:

Maybe I can use the evidence of my own eyes to see who is telling me the truth?

This is exactly the evidence I am suggesting you shouldn't use exclusively to determine what is the truth. It is not reliable and extremely limited in scope and depth. We can all form an opinion, but we have to remember that this opinion is based only on what information we have been exposed to.

The greater the variety of information you digest from different sources will almost always move you away from either extreme end of a spectrum. 

10 minutes ago, forestboy1978 said:

Nope, I trust my own. I do think Trump is egotistical and a bit blind to his own bullshit but on the whole I think he speaks genuinely. His ego is colossal though and it makes him outlandish in the things he says sometimes but that's a thousand miles away for the left's vitriolic bias. 

Agree with you on the far left. 

I consider myself a liberal, but am gobsmacked by the antics of the far left. They seem to have completely lost the plot.

I don't think it's fair to lump all those on the left in with the far left, just as I think it is unfair to lump all those on the right with the far right.

Edited by the village idiot
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, matelot said:

Some countries are just "s" holes. I've been to some of them and I know others that have been to them. Yet when they are described as such the biased media get hysterical and say they are not.

It's not just the obvious candidate countries either....

A large proportion of the countries that Brit's holiday in are desperate places to live, hence only the beech and hotel resort or an organised tour are generally seen by the visitor.  Downtown and up country are strictly undesirable, unsafe and unpleasant places (or to put it another way, poop piles!)  

Everyone knows it, it's an undeniable fact - should Trump have said it?  I can see both sides - politician tells truth shocker v what he says has greater implications than what us minions say...  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, the village idiot said:

This is exactly the evidence I am suggesting you shouldn't use exclusively to determine what is the truth. It is not reliable and extremely limited in scope and depth. We can all form an opinion, but we have to remember that this opinion is based only on what information we have been exposed to.

The greater the variety of information you digest from different sources will almost always move you away from either extreme end of a spectrum. 

The thing is the next "red nose day" we'll have massive television exposure of celebrities going to Africa and telling us how Africans are starving and how we should donate money.....

Honestly, I wish the BBC was a bit more consistent in their message. If Africa is a "s" hole Trump is right in what he said. If Africa isn't a "s" hole why do they want us to give money to Africa? They can't have it both ways......

Tbh, the treatment of Trump has made me decide not to pay my TV licence.

5 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Everyone knows it, it's an undeniable fact - should Trump have said it?  I can see both sides - politician tells truth shocker v what he says has greater implications than what us minions say...  

I don't think a senior politician should say something like that in public. However he said it in a private meeting. I've been to business meetings where such language was used. However I wouldn't run out the meeting and send emails saying "Someone said you were a bunch of "d" heads that couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery".

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, matelot said:

The thing is the next "red nose day" we'll have massive television exposure of celebrities going to Africa and telling us how Africans are starving and how we should donate money.....

Honestly, I wish the BBC was a bit more consistent in their message. If Africa is a "s" hole Trump is right in what he said. If Africa isn't a "s" hole why do they want us to give money to Africa? They can't have it both ways......

Tbh, the treatment of Trump has made me decide not to pay my TV licence.

You view the world in such a different way to me that I don't think there's any hope of us finding common ground.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, the village idiot said:

It fits with the narrative of the world that they have created in their heads.

5 hours ago, the village idiot said:

Apparently all briefing documents submitted for Trump's attention have to be kept extremely short, and the authors have to periodically insert the words 'President Trump' in order to keep his attention focussed till the end of the document. 

Admittedly this is only anecdotal, but I can quite believe that it is true.

Does the bottom quote of yours fall victim to the top quote of yours?

• Like 1