Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

56 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Words are important.

That you edited your baboon post by adding the adjectives incompetent and sanctimonious before it means you know that as well.

I can't remember what the edit was, but, if it was to add incompetent and sanctimonious, I'd stand by it!  

Tomato / Tomarto....  OK, fair one, excuse me if I don't shed a tear for the most racially biased politician in living memory though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

I can't remember what the edit was, but, if it was to add incompetent and sanctimonious, I'd stand by it! 

Come on now! the edit was intended to dilute the insult of straight out calling a black person a baboon by adding incompetent and sanctimonious. Giving you an ‘out’

I agree she's awful btw. 

Anyway, that’s me done in this thread for a bit. 

As as you were.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, matelot said:

Can you tell who the good and bad ones are? How many terrorist attacks have to occur before you admit the migration system is not working?

We gave asylum to the parents of the Manchester bomber...

The root problem with terrorism is not immigration, it is dangerous ideologies.

How you screen people for dangerous ideas and intent is a real problem.

Closing the borders will not stop terrorism. It may shift some of the deaths to another country, but then you have to start asking yourself soul searching questions like ' Why exactly does it matter so much more to me when British people are killed as opposed to equally innocent people living in another country'?

This is a difficult and controversial question, but one that is interesting to ponder.

29 minutes ago, spudulike said:

Fine if you were a dictator and had control of the local thugs, not so good in a democracy where everyone had an equal say.

There is no thugs in my village spud, they all do as they're told...  no one gets hurt that way!!!!!..

50 minutes ago, spudulike said:

I guess if my village were building a house using the people within the village, others may think that it was a great community idea and want to be part of it but unfortunately, the village is small and only has limited space to live in and food etc to feed the inhabitants. 

I think if I were project managing the building of the house or even part of the community, I would assess the skill set of the village and perhaps interview outsiders with the skills the village didn't have and take on the ones that would get the job done faster, better and to budget.

Seems logical to me!

That makes sense in a utopian, small scale setting. But what would happen if there were three neighbouring villages (1,2 and 3). You are happily living in village 1 and everything is fine. But one day village 3 attacks village 2, burning all their houses and crops leaving them helpless and asking your village for sanctuary? Village 3 then also starts launching small attacking raids on your village.

This is more like the real world, and things start getting very complicated.

14 minutes ago, the village idiot said:

The root problem with terrorism is not immigration, it is dangerous ideologies.

How you screen people for dangerous ideas and intent is a real problem.

Closing the borders will not stop terrorism. It may shift some of the deaths to another country, but then you have to start asking yourself soul searching questions like ' Why exactly does it matter so much more to me when British people are killed as opposed to equally innocent people living in another country'?

This is a difficult and controversial question, but one that is interesting to ponder.

Though it might be difficult to ponder on, its not difficult to work the root of the problem out..

The Persians, might be convoluted but it was those retards that changed early Islamic doctrine to suit their attitude to war.  

If only Muslims would educate themselves on early Islam, they may just soften their attitude to violence.. is it gonna happen?.. not in our lifetimes..  

21 minutes ago, the village idiot said:

That makes sense in a utopian, small scale setting. But what would happen if there were three neighbouring villages (1,2 and 3). You are happily living in village 1 and everything is fine. But one day village 3 attacks village 2, burning all their houses and crops leaving them helpless and asking your village for sanctuary? Village 3 then also starts launching small attacking raids on your village.

This is more like the real world, and things start getting very complicated.

Are we supposed to take you serious when your talking about villages?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Tomato / Tomarto....  OK, fair one, excuse me if I don't shed a tear for the most racially biased politician in living memory though.

I posted a link here on the morning that interview went out with the lead-in saying you couldn't make it up. She's useless to say the least.

I do find it difficult to hear you praise Boris Johnson when he is equally useless.

1 hour ago, eggsarascal said:

I posted a link here on the morning that interview went out with the lead-in saying you couldn't make it up. She's useless to say the least.

I do find it difficult to hear you praise Boris Johnson when he is equally useless.

But he's white, born to wealthy middle class parentage, Eton / Oxford educated, a career in journalism, 2 very successful terms as the Mayor of London, an MP, a SoS, and a leading advocate in the Vote Leave campaign.

I doubt there are many (any) here that, when the time comes, will match his epitaph (assuming, and I know we don't, measure a meaningful life by any common scale of achievements.)

But still people love to hate him, like I said before, lucky he's white or there'd be all kinds of accusations flying around!