Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

55 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

About time 

APPLE.NEWS

Millions of unemployed Brits "choosing to coast on the hard work of taxpayers" will stop...

In France, unemployment benefit is seen as a paid for right.

Indeed this is how the tourist hotspots of ski resorts, camp sites and restaurants function.

People work "The season" then get laid off and cruise through until the next season on 90% of their previous salary paid as unemployment benefit.

Film and stage too have similar rights.

For other long term unemployed who claim the 'Revenue Social Allocation' with the housing and family benefits that go with it, the worst that happens is they get forced to attend diverse training courses.

You can’t park there!

WWW.ISLANDECHO.CO.UK

A car has landed on top of another vehicle after smashing into its side and forcing it to roll over in Wootton this lunchtime (Thursday). Emergency services are currently dealing with the...

The first comment at the bottom made me laugh.

• Like 1

On 13/11/2023 at 10:32, pleasant said:

Anyone who has a differing opinion to the liberal lefties are either referred to as 'right wing' so the public visualise them as extreme BNP nazi nutters (when in fact, they are just normal members of the public fed up with how we are being taken advantage of to the detriment of our own)...or they are removed from the public spotlight.

When the muzzies take over (which won't be long) they will be throwing these lefties that have let them get where they are, off big ben

I mean, Braverman WAS inherently very right wing. She was an ardent supporter of the ridiculous Rwanda plan (a fine way to waste, what £150m of public money) and it was increasingly clear she was pretty racist.

Never heard anyone referring to ‘muzzies’ before either but it’s clearly a racial/religious slur. What an ironic user name ‘pleasant’ is for you. Don’t fret darling, the only people taking over your precious England are the mad right wingers who’ve spent the past decade or so getting you all scared of ‘that lot’. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

About time 

APPLE.NEWS

Millions of unemployed Brits "choosing to coast on the hard work of taxpayers" will stop...

I’ve heard this same old claptrap for 30 years, no Politician has the balls to carry any of what they say through, sound bites to gain votes at the next election.

3 hours ago, Mr. Squirrel said:

I mean, Braverman WAS inherently very right wing. She was an ardent supporter of the ridiculous Rwanda plan (a fine way to waste, what £150m of public money) and it was increasingly clear she was pretty racist.

Never heard anyone referring to ‘muzzies’ before either but it’s clearly a racial/religious slur. What an ironic user name ‘pleasant’ is for you. Don’t fret darling, the only people taking over your precious England are the mad right wingers who’ve spent the past decade or so getting you all scared of ‘that lot’. 

Think you need to get out more if you havent heard of that phrase. See....this is the issue. Anyone with a less than sympathetic side to the issue of immigration is immediately labelled a 'racist' exactly what you have done. I havent said braverman wasnt right wing, but the msm constantly refer to anyone with an opposing view to the one they wish to peddle as 'extreme' right wing. I thought i had made that clear in my post but obviously no. I am no right wing extremist, but i agree with a lot of what braverman was trying to do. I certainly dont consider setting up the rwanda option as a waste of £120m, when this country has been spending nearly £7m PER DAY on housing and supporting these migrants, of which very few are genuine migrants fleeing from war and persecution, and it is recognised the majority are economic migrants. Its is worth noting that yesterday since the threat of going to rwanda has been announced migrants coming across the channel have dropped by 17% although numbers are up year on year, despite having travelled through various safe countries before arriving here. The other countries that simply pass these people on to the uk to deal with should share a percentage of these costs.....or deal with them like the uk is having to. Maybe the uk politicians should grow a pair, however when they try to like braverman they are silenced and moved on for fear of losing votes, when in reality it would most likely do the opposite. 

Edited by pleasant
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, 5thelement said:

I’ve heard this same old claptrap for 30 years, no Politician has the balls to carry any of what they say through, sound bites to gain votes at the next election.

I recall when i was younger and starting out in the workplace, it was called the dole and was considered a financial stop gap to tide you over between jobs, whilst you found another one. Now i know of second or even third generation families who see it as a lifestyle choice....a class now below working class.

We still had benefits for those who simple couldnt not work like we do know, but the dole was for work capable people who were actively searching for a job or were between jobs due to redundancy or being fired. Being fired from your previous job also affected how much dole you would receive as well. 

The welfare state and people living longer are causing this unsustainable tax burden in this country 

• Like 1