Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

2 hours ago, Big J said:

I think the one thing that almost everyone here can agree with is that religion is the poison that is fuelling this whole nonsense. Without religion, there would be far fewer reasons for people to needlessly hate and kill each other. 

It's funny, as you're younger and you grow up you naively and innocently believe that humanity is going in the right direction, but as you get older and more cynical, you realise we're just as stupid, bigoted, irrational and intolerant as ever. As a species, we're probably f**ked.

Yep. Organised Religion - ain't it great!

So here's a handy guide to who's friends and who's enemies with who in this particular school playground.  

Children's version;- 

Screenshot_20231010-210456.png.9924c46fe965aab8cc0ae115dbdc33e2.png

And Grownups version;- 

https://www.slate.com/blogs/the_world_/2014/07/17/the_middle_east_friendship_chart.html

Obviously a bit out of date but I doubt that things have changed much. Stuff like this tends to last for generations unfortunately.

I bet quite a lot more of those little faces in that matrix would be smiley green ones if religion were taken out of the mix.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, peds said:

Ah, you don't get to complain about religions of peace and tolerance if you think the Bible is a self-help book! 

Hahahaaaa

You must have had your mind reader pills again or indeed doing your favourite bit of maths ie 2+2 =5 

Either that or I’ve totally missed the part where I complained ( I posted an article about Muslim kids attacking a teacher) or stated anything along the lines of the bible being a self help book. 
The urge just to write something or anything must be strong is all I can say. 

NEWS.SKY.COM

Finland says a gas pipeline from Estonia has been damaged in a suspected attack - sending UK...

The shape of things to come it would seem, the multitude of interconnector pipelines and power cables etc crisscrossed over Europe and Scandinavia are an easy target. Detailed survey info is readily available to pinpoint location and the technology and equipment to get to them is not difficult to source. Protecting them is virtually impossible. Certainly justifies the latest  addition to the UK fleet. 

IMG_4663.png

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sime42 said:

Yep. Organised Religion - ain't it great!

So here's a handy guide to who's friends and who's enemies with who in this particular school playground.  

Children's version;- 

Screenshot_20231010-210456.png.9924c46fe965aab8cc0ae115dbdc33e2.png

And Grownups version;- 

https://www.slate.com/blogs/the_world_/2014/07/17/the_middle_east_friendship_chart.html

Obviously a bit out of date but I doubt that things have changed much. Stuff like this tends to last for generations unfortunately.

I bet quite a lot more of those little faces in that matrix would be smiley green ones if religion were taken out of the mix.

Not sure if you’ve seen much of what’s out there regarding the attacks and what they did to innocent men women and children but the images and in particular what was done to infants is beyond religion. The leadership of the group involved knew what the consequences would be but I wonder if even they were taken aback by the blood lust displayed 🤷‍♂️maybe not seeing as they don’t hide the fact they want to see the eradication of the state of Israel. If ever there was a time to be looking at our own security and what’s happening in the channel this is it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Johnsond said:

Not sure if you’ve seen much of what’s out there regarding the attacks and what they did ..... is beyond religion. 

Consistency helps your arguments.

Either it be beyond religion or it is all due to the "religion of peace" or whatever you call it.

In this case religion is just the excuse, rather than the cause.

11 hours ago, Johnsond said:
NEWS.SKY.COM

Finland says a gas pipeline from Estonia has been damaged in a suspected attack - sending UK...

The shape of things to come it would seem, the multitude of interconnector pipelines and power cables etc crisscrossed over Europe and Scandinavia are an easy target. Detailed survey info is readily available to pinpoint location and the technology and equipment to get to them is not difficult to source. Protecting them is virtually impossible. Certainly justifies the latest  addition to the UK fleet. 

IMG_4663.png

And being deployed in much of a rush !

3 hours ago, Steven P said:

Consistency helps your arguments.

Either it be beyond religion or it is all due to the "religion of peace" or whatever you call it.

In this case religion is just the excuse, rather than the cause.

Who’s arguing 🤷‍♂️

As I said the urge just to say something or anything regardless is obviously too much for you. You seem to like creating these pathways to an opportunity to spout off out of absolutely nothing. 

1 hour ago, roboted said:

And being deployed in much of a rush !

🤷‍♂️Sadly no 

The lack of investment in the UKs shipbuilding industry and the current missed opportunities is another story all together.