Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

2 hours ago, Mark J said:

Dave, has it just been the Covid debacle that has opened your eyes to the fact that 'the powers that be' shaft us? 
I've been disillusioned by them for years, it must be tricky only finding out that they're a bunch of rotters after all this time. 

Debacle Mark !!!!!!  
No mark as I’ve said several times before you don’t have sole insight into such things. You forget I grew up a few miles from you in a mining village and left school just after the miners strike so I’m fully aware of what damage politicians of all parties can do. You asked the question then answered for me Mark 🤷‍♂️ Could you not wait !!. The point of my gripe with the covid reaction is the speed at which they managed to turn things around and the actual amount of money involved and the way people bought into utter stupidity so willingly. Remember the killing granny quotes Mark ??.

Utter utter shit. There’s a few on here whom should be keeping their heads down big time for the crap they supported and where it brought us. Just thought I’d stick the last pic on as a pretty good description of the current mess we are in and how we got there. 

9E877444-D748-43C2-A4F3-86A4025D6D74.png

E7DD828B-64D3-47DB-B4FB-78AC13957572.png

9BF2B4D0-DFF9-4E36-9E35-AF0E00072612.png

8303600B-AE87-4672-A0DA-5EABA0C6DF55.png

Edited by Johnsond

4 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

Im not a fan of her WEF background and policies

I'd say in light of what's rapidly going on today that statement is really all that matters at the moment and why it's not at the forefront of of everyone's mind in light of all the underhand guff that's not even being reported.

The whipping up of spin around fake global catastrophes is blatant yet folk believe it.. just feckin bonkers, while these WEF brainwashed  ' new world leaders ' are at the moment doing their best to disrupt the food supply by shutting down farming all over the world in order to create a global famine.. exactly the same as what Stalin did in Russia to gain complete control, and millions died.

This is happening here and now in this country, farmers are being offered loads of dosh to stop producing food not to mention that the fertiliser crisis will cause many to go broke over this winter and.. ok, I know many will think this is BS but a wake up call is needed ffs.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Macpherson said:

I'd say in light of what's rapidly going on today that statement is really all that matters at the moment and why it's not at the forefront of of everyone's mind in light of all the underhand guff that's not even being reported.

The whipping up of spin around fake global catastrophes is blatant yet folk believe it.. just feckin bonkers, while these WEF brainwashed  ' new world leaders ' are at the moment doing their best to disrupt the food supply by shutting down farming all over the world in order to create a global famine.. exactly the same as what Stalin did in Russia to gain complete control, and millions died.

This is happening here and now in this country, farmers are being offered loads of dosh to stop producing food not to mention that the fertiliser crisis will cause many to go broke over this winter and.. ok, I know many will think this is BS but a wake up call is needed ffs.

If you keep thinking about stuff like this you are going to drive yourself bloody crazy. 🙂

On 12/08/2022 at 11:04, trigger_andy said:

I know your initial point was not directed at me but surely your earnings and how you spend your money does change your class?

nope.

thats why rich drug dealers are still scum or oil rich arabs from failed cultures etc etc

• Like 1

Just now, donnk said:

nope.

thats why rich drug dealers are still scum or oil rich arabs from failed cultures etc etc

I get your point.

But saying drug dealers are still scum implies you believe that they are not middle class. This in turn implies you believe to attain middle class status you are not and cannot be scum. 

Can't believe that we are actually discussing the social status of drug dealers. Does that make Pablo Escobar upper class or maybe royalty ?.

Whilst I can argue about ones status, I think to a degree it's generally your children that are born into a class. You may attain that standing be it employment, education etc but they are the ones that go on to expect it without thinking about it.

But I think most of us are somewhere in the hinterland of working/middle class.

2 minutes ago, GarethM said:

Can't believe that we are actually discussing the social status of drug dealers. Does that make Pablo Escobar upper class or maybe royalty ?.

Whilst I can argue about ones status, I think to a degree it's generally your children that are born into a class. You may attain that standing be it employment, education etc but they are the ones that go on to expect it without thinking about it.

But I think most of us are somewhere in the hinterland of working/middle class.

We're just shooting the breeze and discussing semantics, chill Daddy. 

But you make a good point regarding being born into a class. Whilst I view myself as very much working class I can see my children being middle class through how they have been raised and where they find themselves now in life. 

Edited by trigger_andy
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, GarethM said:

You could also say you can't really just become upper class in a similar fashion.

Just because your footballer rich doesn't give you that status, bit like Chris eubank in the 90s.

Billy Connolly described "proper rich" as being when it took you longer to drive from their entrance gates to their actual house, than it took you to drive there in the first place.

• Haha 1