Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Elon-musk-thumbs.jpg NEWSTHUMP.COM
Some lunatic is spaffing an obscene amount of money in order to own Twitter.  

He's an absolutist over free speech apparently. It'll be interesting to see how it pans out when he tries to remove all moderation, censorship, regulation etc. I can't see it ending well, he's a bit of a dreamer and tends to skip over practicalities.

APPLE.NEWS

Suitcases filled with cash from taxpayer-backed Covid loans were seized at the border as people tried to smuggle them...

The utter madness of covid and lockdown 🤷‍♂️
political incompetence from all parties, let’s not forget that the opposition cried out for all these schemes to be extended. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, sime42 said:

He's an absolutist over free speech apparently. It'll be interesting to see how it pans out when he tries to remove all moderation, censorship, regulation etc. I can't see it ending well, he's a bit of a dreamer and tends to skip over practicalities.

A dreamer you say 🤔tends to skip over practicalities as well 🤔. Can’t see it ending well 🤔

How much is he worth ???. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Johnsond said:
APPLE.NEWS

Suitcases filled with cash from taxpayer-backed Covid loans were seized at the border as people tried to smuggle them...

The utter madness of covid and lockdown 🤷‍♂️
political incompetence from all parties, let’s not forget that the opposition cried out for all these schemes to be extended. 

That'll be the £4 billion that they've written off as fraud due to their own incompetence, yet they will take the honest working man through the blender for a few £K.

Lets not forget that the opposition had nothing to do with who benefitted from shoddy PPE acquisitions etc. 
I'm not suggesting the opposition are angels but you have to lay all these COVID decisions on the incumbent gov, even though the idea doesn't sit well with you. 

image.jpeg.4aa3f18692130fce396ab28257b77d70.jpeg

Edited by Mark J
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark J said:

That'll be the £4 billion that they've written off as fraud due to their own incompetence, yet they will take the honest working man through the blender for a few £K.

Lets not forget that the opposition had nothing to do with who benefitted from shoddy PPE acquisitions etc. 
I'm not suggesting the opposition are angels but you have to lay all these COVID decisions on the incumbent gov, even though the idea doesn't sit well with you. 

Had to search for this as it's one of the many things I sent to myself for future reference.

I know the picture with Schwab is old hat from 2017 but it shows that Hancock was no doubt a product of WEF indoctrination so presumably many others are as well.. just waiting for their orders..

7 hours ago, Mark J said:

Yes and no Mark. They are all the same as far as I’m concerned and where we have two left leaning administratons in the UK ie Scotland and Wales they showed full well how they would have behaved which is tighter restrictions for longer with even more state handouts. For me the current political crop on all sides is at an all time low. Regardless of any of that it often felt over that two years that government and many of the population whom I’m sure prior to covid were rational individuals lost all sense of reason and or the ability to do even the most basic risk assessment. 

Edited by Johnsond

A dreamer you say [emoji848]tends to skip over practicalities as well [emoji848]. Can’t see it ending well [emoji848]. 
How much is he worth ???. 
It's not about money, though I'm sure he'll make some from Twitter. [emoji848]
It's about being able to maintain a free and open discussion platform without allowing the ranting, slathering, single issue voices from dominating the whole shebang.
Maybe he will be able to make it work. [emoji848] His ideology is that the online ecosystem should be self regulating; the voice of the calm and rational majority of users will be enough to drown out and suppress the screeching from the vocal minority. [emoji848]
We'll see. It'll be an interesting experiment at least.

I reckon the giant multinational food and agriculture companies are not far behind Big Pharma in terms of being enemies of the people and the planet.

Here's one kicking off because they've been told to stop contributing to the childhood obesity crisis. I wonder if a large bung will end up in Rishi's suitcase in due course.

_124301976_gettyimages-1179340778.jpg

WWW.BBC.CO.UK
The company says new healthy food rules fail to consider the nutritional value of milk added to cereals.