Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

1 minute ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

A bumbling FW for sure Mark, but I fail to see how Rayner would have thought it would make the slightest of a distraction - what’s more interesting to me is whether she was overheard saying she’d employed the tactic or if it is just somebody’s’opinion’ of what they ‘thought’ she was doing....

It’s Daily Mail bullshit.

Starmer is doing ok so they’re targeting Angela Rayner.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

A bumbling FW for sure Mark, but I fail to see how Rayner would have thought it would make the slightest of a distraction - what’s more interesting to me is whether she was overheard saying she’d employed the tactic or if it is just somebody’s’opinion’ of what they ‘thought’ she was doing....

She's either aware that the PM is a sex pest and capitalised on that facet of his character, or, it didn't happen. Either way it does no favours for the PM, he's either easily swayed or he's so bad that they're clutching at straws. Is my take on things. 

1 hour ago, Mark J said:

She's either aware that the PM is a sex pest and capitalised on that facet of his character, or, it didn't happen. Either way it does no favours for the PM, he's either easily swayed or he's so bad that they're clutching at straws. Is my take on things. 

I see it slightly differently- in parts at least. 

On the one hand the furore about misogynist behaviour would be entirely misplaced if she behaved (whether she believed it would work or not) in that fashion intentionally. 

On the other hand, I’d agree, it’s a poor state of affairs if she thought it would work and shows how low she holds the office of PM. 

That wouldn’t be a surprise though since she genuinely holds all Tories to be scum. 

Im of half a mind to think she’s a Machiavellian scheming bastard - I wish I didn’t feel that way.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

I see it slightly differently- in parts at least. 

On the one hand the furore about misogynist behaviour would be entirely misplaced if she behaved (whether she believed it would work or not) in that fashion intentionally. 

On the other hand, I’d agree, it’s a poor state of affairs if she thought it would work and shows how low she holds the office of PM. 

That wouldn’t be a surprise though since she genuinely holds all Tories to be scum. 

Im of half a mind to think she’s a Machiavellian scheming bastard - I wish I didn’t feel that way.....

You’re missing the point Kevin.

It didn’t happen.

13 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

You’re missing the point Kevin.

It didn’t happen.

No, I get it Mick, I just don’t know who is lying....

If it never happened then those that have said they overheard her bragging about it are lying. 

If they did overhear her bragging about it then the cries of misogyny are misplaced. 

What a state of affairs - politics based upon having to ascertain who is less likely to be a lying bastard....

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

That’s the ‘story,’ anonymous source(s) that leaked the details to the media....

We’re never gonna find out who it was - if it’s not true it would be libellous. 

It was all made up by the Mail.

She won’t sue for libel because it’s not worth the effort/expense to sue the Murdoch empire ( or Rothermere or whatever)

Its blown up in their faces anyway.

Is there any footage of the licentious leg crossing?

Of course not, bollocks of the highest order.

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

It was all made up by the Mail.

She won’t sue for libel because it’s not worth the effort/expense to sue the Murdoch empire.

Its blown up in their faces anyway.

Is there any footage of the licentious leg crossing?

Of course not, bollocks of the highest order.

You’re saying there is no insider whistle blower and it’s all a fabrication of a journo at the MoS?

I hadn’t heard that angle. 

Im not sure I buy it though. 

Like you say, it’s blown up. Whichever journo/editor supplied/approved the gig must have an audit trail or they’d be getting their sandwiches in a tube map.