Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

13 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

A fair democratic system would suit me just fine. Voting by a very small  percentage to elect a new leader may seem like democracy to you, but it doesn't suit me. You know, like the democracy that doesn't suit you about Brexit 

You can't have a referendum on everything, nothing would get done. It's the same with companies, the shareholders elect directors who then choose a chairman, who then makes decisions.

IMO for confidence you need decisive action  and too much conferring delays this.

Of course this means sometimes the wrong course is taken but the tories have put us in this situation where we would have been better off getting out two years ago, right or wrong.

• Like 1

That’s a beautifully executed, hatchet job. 

The more I read and see about BJ, the less I think of him.

I have to agree with you on this. If the guy can’t be faithful and true to his own loved ones and family to the extent that he has shown, what hope does anyone else have?

Up until very recently, I thought that, despite the shortcomings in his private life, Boris was the right ‘tool’ (sic) to get the Brexit job done.

I’m not so sure now.

It’s getting harder and harder to be optimistic about our political situation these days, given the available options.

The British political system is slowly disappearing up its own backside in a vortex of mediocrity.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, EdwardC said:

This is taking tenuous to a new level.

Mmmmmm, tenuous, I guess that’ll happen when a patently incorrect statement is presented as ‘fact’ and then it is shown to be personal interpretation/ opinion rather than the ‘fact’ it was originally presented as....

I guess accuracy can be tenuous at times, especially when it conflicts with personal opinion / political persuasion huh...

• Like 1

I fear BoJo is far too clever(quite literally and as evidenced  by his academic prowess) for his own good as in he never required to knuckle down or kow-tow to succeed, it all came so natural and easy, so gifted but shallow or easily distracted. 

Or so gifted as to not give a fuck.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, difflock said:

I fear BoJo is far too clever(quite literally and as evidenced  by his academic prowess) for his own good as in he never required to knuckle down or kow-tow to succeed, it all came so natural and easy, so gifted but shallow or easily distracted. 

Or so gifted as to not give a fuck.

I fear he could be our next PM, I hope his reign doesn't last long.