Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Absolute shite.
There may be some anti-semites at the fringes of the major parties. Corbyn, and Labour don't represent antisemeticsm.
This is the only source I could find without searching far:

Is it really ‘absolute *****’ Mark?

Jeremy Corbyn has befriended, endorsed and courted groups who spout hatred towards Jews, repeatedly.

There are an increasing amount of Labour Party members and MP’s that publicly state that they are sick of what is happening within their own Party.

There just doesn’t seem to be anything being done by the main leadership to send any message that suggests otherwise.

Or perhaps answer this question, in the last 30 years, have left wing politicians and their policies and rhetoric made Europe a safer place for Jews to live?

It appears to be absolute shite to me. They're after Corbyn and clutching at straws.
https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/05/is-jeremy-corbyn-really-anti-semitic/

You have De peffel or whatever he calls himself calling people in Burkhas Letterboxes, and the media, which is owned by a fewpeople that stand to lose the most when their tory mates eventually get turfed out, raise no fuss..

Plain to see what's going on.  I lived in Bensham in Gateshead for a few years. Bensham has a massive Jewish community.They all voted for Labour. Work that out...

It appears to be absolute shite to me. They're after Corbyn and clutching at straws.
https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/05/is-jeremy-corbyn-really-anti-semitic/

You have De peffel or whatever he calls himself calling people in Burkhas Letterboxes, and the media, which is owned by a fewpeople that stand to lose the most when their tory mates eventually get turfed out, raise no fuss..

Plain to see what's going on.  I lived in Bensham in Gateshead for a few years. Bensham has a massive Jewish community.They all voted for Labour. Work that out...

I’m not wanting an argument with you Mark, we agree to differ on these things but I know we have much in common as well.
I have strong feelings about anti semitism as I have relatives/ancestors who were rounded up and murdered just because they happened to be Jewish.
I’ll always speak out against it when I see it.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend. [emoji106]
  • Like 2

Just now, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

I think it’ll work itself out come the NEXT vote Mark!

Perhaps it will.
Balanced, honest journalism would go a long way towards giving people the facts for themselves. Then they could form their own opinions.
I realise that we passed that fork in the road some time ago.

48 minutes ago, TIMON said:

I’m not wanting an argument with you Mark, we agree to differ on these things but I know we have much in common as well.
I have strong feelings about anti semitism as I have relatives/ancestors who were rounded up and murdered just because they happened to be Jewish.
I’ll always speak out against it when I see it.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend. emoji106.png

I'm completely against racism in all its guises. I'm proud to be anti-fascist. The media distorts things to our detriment.
Shalom mate.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

Balanced honest journalism, who wants that?, jihadhi Jack hasn't had his citizenship pulled but that paki girl, (yes I did say that) gets her citizenship pulled) why aren't the newspapers reporting on Jacko?

They're probably too interested in Liz Hurley's fat thighs this week.

7 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

Balanced honest journalism, who wants that?, jihadhi Jack hasn't had his citizenship pulled but that paki girl, (yes I did say that) gets her citizenship pulled) why aren't the newspapers reporting on Jacko?

He probably doesn't have dual citizenship, the lass was under 19 (I think thats the limit) and so her parents being Bangladeshi meant she was also a Bangladeshi citizen.

Under international law we can't remove their British citizenship if it leaves them stateless.

8 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

Were you listening to Majeed?

He made some valid arguments on his show but (for a clever bloke) he is way too tunnel visioned and keen to misrepresent his own very biased opinion to the detriment of the bigger picture. 

If you caught the show, I recall that he majored on the ‘apparent’ inequities of the 2 examples of Begham and Letts where the general call was for Begham to have UK citizenship revoked but not so for Letts, and the apparent inequities of the sentencing of Letts parents compared to some other case.

There was a lot of focus on the problems of refusing to allow those that wished to return to UK from former ISIS collaborations and also he had a mini liberal meltdown over Putin’s recent comments about liberal democracies. 

I genuinely like his show and hold his uncompromising style in high regard but he was way off the mark more than not yesterday. 

In no particular order:

As regards Putin - I don’t think he misunderstood Putin’s point so he must have chosen to purposefully misrepresented his arguments against it. Not impressed - Putin made some very relevant and accurate observations regarding the consequences of overt liberalism. 

The Begham Letts comparisons are false comparisons due to tangible differences in circumstances - quite hypocritical of Majeed (as a self styled liberal) to represent the perceived similarities and ignore the obvious fact that in a liberal democracy each case is independently considered, on its merits, within the process of the legal system. 

On the the plus side though, his arguments around deportation and trial of other nation citizens held some genuine logic and - as usual - anyone that tried to argue otherwise was promptly tied up in knots!

Overall a good show though and plenty of ranting opportunities whilst lime pointing ?