Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

9 hours ago, Puffingbilly413 said:

"It is crucial that we acknowledge that those who were least vulnerable to Covid have paid the highest price, and that we must never let our children needlessly suffer in this way again. "

Interesting view she has. I'd argue that those who died of COVID probably paid the highest price.

In some ways true, no different to saying the person most effected by any illness is the one with it but in no way does such a vague statement detract from the utter madness of lockdowns and the now plain to see for everyone damage they caused. By the way what was the average age of people whom sadly did succumb to covid??? 

UNHERD.COM

Three years on, voters remain in favour

Edited by Johnsond

4 hours ago, Whoppa Choppa said:

WWW.DEVONLIVE.COM

The photo was found in was discovered in the files of a zoology organisation

Without the eye witness to confirm the details the photo just shows a big cat sitting in long grass. Apparently on -a March 17th. Printed photo, not digital suggests not in the last 10 years I would guess. Could be a photo taken in a safari park... anywhere in Europe and much of the world too.

If the photographer can be contacted they can perhaps suggest a year and a location, location can be sort of confirmed that is looks -similar- to the photo. They might even have more than 1 shot of the big cat in their archives to give better details.

A clear photo but like a lot of sightings of stuff, needs a little more detail to confirm a wild big cat roaming about the UK countryside.

On 16/08/2023 at 11:37, Puffingbilly413 said:

Interesting view she has. I'd argue that those who died of COVID probably paid the highest price.

Not really, the vast majority of those who died of (not with) Covid where at the end of a very long life anyway. They'd have died from Covid or the Cold regardless. The ones who have paid the highest price are the young.

• Like 2

You misunderstand how robust children are i think

It was a tricky time, without the restrictions that were imposed 60 million of us would have had the disease within about a month, any that needed hospital treatment would have been first come first served else at the back of a queue of 1000, similarly with all other conditions - heart attacks, strokes, cancers, industrial accidents (or normal accidents), back of the queue. Restrictions meant we all got it anyway but that queue of 1000 was reduced to a queue of 1 or 2 perhaps. Not sure any age group were affected more than others, personal experience but it was the grown ups I talk to who struggled more with mental health issues.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I was talking to a 17yr old last week, he goes to the same school that I went to.

He was saying they cancelled a school trip because of the covid pandemic.

I told him they cancelled my school trip due to the foot and mouth pandemic! :laugh1:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scbk said:

I was talking to a 17yr old last week, he goes to the same school that I went to.

He was saying they cancelled a school trip because of the covid pandemic.

I told him they cancelled my school trip due to the foot and mouth pandemic! :laugh1:

But children can't catch Foot and Mouth! 😜

10 hours ago, Steven P said:

You misunderstand how robust children are i think

It was a tricky time, without the restrictions that were imposed 60 million of us would have had the disease within about a month, any that needed hospital treatment would have been first come first served else at the back of a queue of 1000, similarly with all other conditions - heart attacks, strokes, cancers, industrial accidents (or normal accidents), back of the queue. Restrictions meant we all got it anyway but that queue of 1000 was reduced to a queue of 1 or 2 perhaps. Not sure any age group were affected more than others, personal experience but it was the grown ups I talk to who struggled more with mental health issues.

Without restrictions 60 million within a month 🤔. I really thought people had now had the chance to look at the whole farcical business and it’s enormous consequential damages and costs with the benefit of hindsight and statistical evidence from many countries ( including one that didn’t lockdown at all that pretty much destroys the  pro lockdown argument)  Apparently not. You do realise how much of the normal treatments and care you quote were missed in the name of covid I presume ??. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 3