Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

14 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

You get your passport stamped (and dated) when you leave.

So they don’t come looking for you. 
But they’ll catch you coming back.

Suspect you show your passport to British officials on the way back who will shrug their shoulders and let you back in again, however go back in to Europe they might have this on record and say 'non' or whatever and bac home again

13 minutes ago, Steven P said:

Suspect you show your passport to British officials on the way back who will shrug their shoulders and let you back in again, however go back in to Europe they might have this on record and say 'non' or whatever and bac home again

If your leaving France on Le Tunnel you will show your passport to the French officials first, before proceeding to the British booths.

The ferry, just British, no idea why.

Edited by 5thelement
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

This is wrong then?

VISAGUIDE.WORLD

Holders of Schengen visas are entitled to visit their primary destination and...

When you enter, you can stay for a maximum of 90 days for every 180 days.

If you leave, your 90 day count pauses.

If you return a week or month later, count back 180 days from when you have arrived, check how many days you have previously used up, and you know how many days you have left before you have to leave again.

On 03/01/2021 at 23:09, scbk said:

In other news, a man on a bike went missing in 2017 on a remote road in the Highlands. Last seen passing the Bridge of Orchy hotel at 23.30. Quite a sad story, never any trace of the man, his bike, or his belongings, the ride was for charity, and the family have never found out what happended.

Bridge of Orchy:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@56.5177734,-4.7686894,3a,75y,187.52h,81.97t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sAgFOJl6LsdNp9tssWPRwFw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en-GB

Just popped up today that 2 guys have been arrested 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-55514866

Replying to my own post from a couple of years ago, just saw this was in court the other week. The guy went missing (killed) 6yrs ago

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Disappearance of Tony Parsons in 2017 finally resolved after Alexander McKellar took girlfriend to burial site

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 5thelement said:

When you enter, you can stay for a maximum of 90 days for every 180 days.

If you leave, your 90 day count pauses.

If you return a week or month later, count back 180 days from when you have arrived, check how many days you have previously used up, and you know how many days you have left before you have to leave again.

If I’m reading you right I could move about mainland Europe and never have to return to the UK?  Not that it bothers me if I have to come back.

4 hours ago, scbk said:

Replying to my own post from a couple of years ago, just saw this was in court the other week. The guy went missing (killed) 6yrs ago

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Disappearance of Tony Parsons in 2017 finally resolved after Alexander McKellar took girlfriend to burial site

Thanks for the follow up, nice to get closure for the family.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

If I’m reading you right I could move about mainland Europe and never have to return to the UK?  Not that it bothers me if I have to come back.

You can move around mainland EU for max 90 days, then have to leave until your 180 days have passed before returning for another 90 days in 180, you can dip in and out of the EU but 90 in the last 180 still applies.
You can leave via any non Schengen country, doesn’t have to be back to the UK.

WWW.TELEGRAPH.CO.UK

Children were the greatest victims of the erroneous assumptions that lie at the heart of shutdowns

100% correct in what it says about the damage done to kids ( supposedly in the name of protecting who ???) The silence from even the most vociferous covid warriors today is absolutely deafening. 

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Hospital cases at new high as health chiefs raise fears that those with symptoms are...

🤷‍♂️

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Johnsond said:
WWW.TELEGRAPH.CO.UK

Children were the greatest victims of the erroneous assumptions that lie at the heart of shutdowns

100% correct in what it says about the damage done to kids ( supposedly in the name of protecting who ???)

🤷‍♂️

"It is crucial that we acknowledge that those who were least vulnerable to Covid have paid the highest price, and that we must never let our children needlessly suffer in this way again. "

Interesting view she has. I'd argue that those who died of COVID probably paid the highest price.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1