Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

13 minutes ago, Rough Hewn said:

Christian crusades?
Aren’t all religions fundamentally saying it’s ok to kill non believers?
Gentiles,heathens,barbarians etc.
Look what the “empire and colonialists” did.
Where do you think adolf hitler got his most ****************ed up ideas from?
Look at any tin pot dictator, he will be wearing a copy of a British uniform with extra garnish.
Read British history and imagine being on the receiving end.
emoji106.png

What period exactly were the crusades ??. 
Colonial  rule by any of the at the time European powers was indeed a dark period. 
I’m reasonably well versed in British history in particular the military side of it. The Empire did carry out many atrocities at various points but current attacks are by and large the domain of Islamic extremists. I’d still say without religion there would be a lot less hassle in the world today never mind historically. 

You are about a thousand times more likely to die in a car crash.
Where’s the war on the car industry?
I’m only suggesting we all have a skewed view of this.
If every death had the same column inches/air time?
How many people die a year in the uk from Islamic terrorism?
Compare the media coverage it gets?
Ever read the national accident statistics?
More likely to die turning your electric alarm clock off or the toaster short circuiting.
Don’t look at the death rate of drinking or smoking, you’d shit yourself.
Islamic terrorism total hype and propagander.
[emoji106]

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Youngstu said:

My issue would be about it being targeted at one religion. As Mark said there are extremists of all religions and the key thing that is the issue is extremism and how that specific group interpret their holy book, not about the religion itself. We all know that at this time in history it is the Islamic extremists that are dominating these kinds of crimes but it isn't really about Islam itself. 

All of those who follow Islam should not have to feel that their religion is to blame, but the teachings of the manipulative extremist preachers who successfully brainwash those who go on to commit atrocities "in the name of" their religion are completely to blame and can rightly be jailed for doing so (in our country). Unfortunately the leadership of some countries is also under the influence of this kind of teaching, but again it's really about the specific interpretation of the holy book rather than the actual religion itself. 

That’s all mighty pretty, but answer me this. 

When was the last time you saw anyone other than a Muslim holding a severed head? 

10 hours ago, Rough Hewn said:

You are about a thousand times more likely to die in a car crash.
Where’s the war on the car industry?
I’m only suggesting we all have a skewed view of this.
If every death had the same column inches/air time?
How many people die a year in the uk from Islamic terrorism?
Compare the media coverage it gets?
Ever read the national accident statistics?
More likely to die turning your electric alarm clock off or the toaster short circuiting.
Don’t look at the death rate of drinking or smoking, you’d shit yourself.
Islamic terrorism total hype and propagander.
emoji106.png

Accident vs premeditated attacks on innocents ?‍♂️No comparison. 
im well aware of what can happen in police custody and the ability of police to shall we say distort the facts of a particular situation occasionally. Start factoring in the bombings in Manchester, London attacks, lee rigby etc etc the numerous attacks all over Europe !!!. 
That's a lot of innocent people. 
Regards drinking and smoking well more fool them, smoking should be banned full stop in my opinion but as it’s a free country supposedly  then if they want to it’s a personal decision. Drinking is in the same category it is a personnel choice. 

Edited by Johnsond

3 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

im well aware of what can happen in police custody and the ability of police to shall we say distort the facts of a particular situation occasionally. Start factoring in the bombings in Manchester, London attacks, lee rigby etc etc the numerous attacks all over Europe !!!. 

You’re on to a hiding here Dave. People just don’t care. They’d rather win smug “woke” points on the internet. 

“But, but but” comments. Like the Crusades? ?‍♂️ It’s pointless arguing against that kind of mentality. 

Thoughts and prayers as I mentioned earlier. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

You’re on to a hiding here Dave. People just don’t care. They’d rather win smug “woke” points on the internet. 

“But, but but” comments. Like the Crusades? ?‍♂️ It’s pointless arguing against that kind of mentality. 

Thoughts and prayers as I mentioned earlier.