Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

I wouldn’t disagree in as much as Blair and Bush literally should be in jail for what they did. 
Still you will find it hard to get civilised individuals of any faith to feel any sympathy for a religion that vents its anger by shooting,beheading,stabbing or burning alive innocents or those of a different belief. 

Which one?!?!? Christianity,Judaism,Islam....
Those good old church going kkk boys?!?!??
Mossad?!?!?!?
[emoji848]
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Rough Hewn said:

Which one?!?!? Christianity,Judaism,Islam....
Those good old church going kkk boys?!?!??
Mossad?!?!?!?
emoji848.png

My own view is religion is the cause of a lot of the worlds woes for what it’s worth. But Islamic extremism seems to take it to a new level of barbarity. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

My own view is religion is the cause of a lot of the worlds woes for what it’s worth. But Islamic extremism seems to take it to a new level of barbarity

Spanish inquisition would have been a bit lousy at the time. 

I think that fundamentalism is a problem across the board. Once you reach that state, there's no going back. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Johnsond said:

I wouldn’t disagree in as much as Blair and Bush literally should be in jail for what they did. 
Still you will find it hard to get civilised individuals of any faith to feel any sympathy for a religion that vents its anger by shooting,beheading,stabbing or burning alive innocents or those of a different belief. 

My issue would be about it being targeted at one religion. As Mark said there are extremists of all religions and the key thing that is the issue is extremism and how that specific group interpret their holy book, not about the religion itself. We all know that at this time in history it is the Islamic extremists that are dominating these kinds of crimes but it isn't really about Islam itself. 

All of those who follow Islam should not have to feel that their religion is to blame, but the teachings of the manipulative extremist preachers who successfully brainwash those who go on to commit atrocities "in the name of" their religion are completely to blame and can rightly be jailed for doing so (in our country). Unfortunately the leadership of some countries is also under the influence of this kind of teaching, but again it's really about the specific interpretation of the holy book rather than the actual religion itself. 

45 minutes ago, Youngstu said:

My issue would be about it being targeted at one religion. As Mark said there are extremists of all religions and the key thing that is the issue is extremism and how that specific group interpret their holy book, not about the religion itself. We all know that at this time in history it is the Islamic extremists that are dominating these kinds of crimes but it isn't really about Islam itself. 

All of those who follow Islam should not have to feel that their religion is to blame, but the teachings of the manipulative extremist preachers who successfully brainwash those who go on to commit atrocities "in the name of" their religion are completely to blame and can rightly be jailed for doing so (in our country). Unfortunately the leadership of some countries is also under the influence of this kind of teaching, but again it's really about the specific interpretation of the holy book rather than the actual religion itself. 

Very eloquently put  but and it’s a massive but I don’t see Jews or Christians etc etc 

hacking pensioners heads off in the street, burning people alive, shooting innocent individuals or carrying out mass burials of people whom are still alive often recorded for the internet. I’m sure all Muslims ( And I do work with some as I’ve proven to you) shouldn’t have to feel blame same as I don’t feel no guilt for being white and British or the fact that at some point this country made a few quid out of the slave trade. Absolutely nothing to do with me. 
The direction of the focus is a right here right now scenario!! Spanish Inquisition for example bears no relevance to today. The last few weeks of Islamist attacks unfortunately do. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Johnsond said:

My own view is religion is the cause of a lot of the worlds woes for what it’s worth. But Islamic extremism seems to take it to a new level of barbarity. 

I think  you will find people are the root cause of the Worlds woes. Aztec barbarism against Nazism or maybe  Khymere Rouge? K

• Like 2

Christian crusades?
Aren’t all religions fundamentally saying it’s ok to kill non believers?
Gentiles,heathens,barbarians etc.
Look what the “empire and colonialists” did.
Where do you think adolf hitler got his most ****************ed up ideas from?
Look at any tin pot dictator, he will be wearing a copy of a British uniform with extra garnish.
Read British history and imagine being on the receiving end.
[emoji106]

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1