Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

I'll lower the tone again.

What's the scottish gaelic word for crofter again?

Something like "tcheutka"

A shepherd we spent a while with in a pub in Mull bac in the early 90s gave us a valuable lesson in history/politics of the Highlands/Islands.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sutton said:

A shepherd we spent a while with in a pub in Mull bac in the early 90s gave us a valuable lesson in history/politics of the Highlands/Islands.

Lower it further with  ' Reiver ' sheep stealing scumbags ! K

• Like 1

Just now, Stere said:

More slaves globally today that any time in history and estimated 10,000 in UK although UK is probably alot better that most places.

Nahhh... Glendales don't employ that many  ? K

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

I haven’t ‘read back’ coz it’s late, I’m tired and it’s likely drivel anyway....

But I’m inclined, nay compelled, to agree with your disagreement!

No, the blind spot in all this self flagellation is that Africans captured, transported and sold Africans into slavery. 

Holy shit! Africans are implicated in the slave trade. 

Wakey wakey white apologists. 

Let's not also forget that Britian led the way in abolishing the slave trade.

• Like 2

All thoose hand carwashes  run by slaves surely easy for police to check as ther stood in plain site  for 14hrs everyday dressed in rags/old dirty cloths.

8 of then there with one old cavaran parked round th back  ?

Kind of wonder if police they just turn a blind eye to it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stere said:

All thoose hand carwashes  run by slaves surely easy for police to check as ther stood in plain site  for 14hrs everyday dressed in rags/old dirty cloths.

8 of then there with one old cavaran parked round th back  ?

Kind of wonder if police they just turn a blind eye to it.

Yea- but where I gonna get Series II done at that price ( it's not allowed in garage auto wash  ? ) first day in  August wether it needs it or not  K

From reading comments on here I was clearly wrong. I'm just off to tell people who think they've been discriminated against that some white British blokes said it wasn't a problem.

I keep seeing the term white apologist being waved around and I think its nonsense, just because I recognise that there are privileges in the world relating to my sex, sexuality and skin colour doesn't mean I'm apologising for my existence or asking forgiveness in some way, it just means I can understand that throughout my life I've had opportunities not given to others.

Slave traders were responsible for the dehumanisation and spread of lies that have provided the backbone to many of the racial prejudices that still prevail today.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sutton said:

Ah!

"tcheutka"

or "choochter" phonetically as I remember it, was used to describe the "culchies" from the Highlands and Islands by the oh-so-well educated wans in the Glasgie an Tayforth Officer Training Corps.

Thanks Sutton,

Marcus

• Like 1

It`s Tuechter ....

"Someone from The Highlands of Scotland. Not always from the East coast as everyone likes to think. Usually come from rural areas of The Highlands, where Gaelic is spoken in parts. Often mocked for their 'Heilan' accents and lack of knowledge about city living. Most think they live in an area with no technology, but they too have broadband (when it works!) mobile phones and TV .... !"    

"Basically the Scottish equivalent of an American hick."

Edited by Logdaft
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1