Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Mod 2:

If you pay tax, or are employed but fall below the tax threshold, (currently higher under a Tory administration than at any time previous ) you get to vote - excluding students that still believe in the tooth fairy... (Unless it's a Tory voting student, then that would be OK.)

We could employ upstanding members of the community (the types who vote conservative) to stand outside polling stations and give them the authority to turn away voters that appear too feckless to vote - hippies, the un employed, the un intelligent, students etc..

On those grounds the low paid who don't pay tax shouldn't get a vote?

Let's stop being silly here by beating around the bush. Obviously the only people who should be allowed to vote are those who are in full time employment, run a successful business, have a yearly wage of £250k and vote Tory. Everyone else is a low IQ grunt who doesnt deserve to speak never mind have an opinion.:thumbup1:

How is taking half (or more) of one persons money and nothing from others fair? The top 10% pay more tax than the rest combined. Where is the incentive to do well for yourself and your family if you have corybn come knocking (or any party for that matter) when you've worked hard and made a successful life for you and your family?

I do think some of his ideas are good in principle in reality who pays for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I agree with most of this. Why should those who work hard all their lives pay for those who don't. The high rate of tax mustn't be punitive but there are plenty of high earners who could afford to pay more.

Of course if they pay less tax then they might be richer and spend more money on employing people like me and you, so we pay their tax. It's a difficult balance.

Same with austerity, you employ someone who pays tax then you sack them to save money and then pay them through the welfare state.

Every government needs more money it's just working out who to rob first!

Just think, in a little over a week we'll be able to celebrate the first anniversary of the Brexit vote. Anyone got anything special planned?

Yea, Teresa May's sacking... Boris being quietly told to suck on it, and David Davies being offered the job of Prime minister..

Other than that, now the election is over, its gonna be funny watchin the brexiteers cry themselves to sleep as Brexit slips ever further away from them...

Other than that, now the election is over, its gonna be funny watchin the brexiteers cry themselves to sleep as Brexit slips ever further away from them...

88% of the MPs that were just elected, stood on manifestos committing us to leaving the single market.

And we don't. I still think brexit was based on a pack of lies that life would be better outside the eu. I don't subscribe to that and will continue to what I can to scupper it.

You sound like the sort of bloke who would decapitate himself to cure a toothache.

We're a democracy, the majority voted to leave, get over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk