Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

TFFT!

I didn't want to be first...

What a whining princess!

If only it really was "the words" of a foot soldier rather than a political spin from a £100k union dweeb.

Dry your eyes buttercup. That's your 'king job.

The internet at its worst, didn't even read a line of that post, I am a volunteer firefighter myself, I attend at least 3 chimney fires a year ( most of which are out by the time we get there).

Send a fireman out on a creel boat in a west of Scotland winter for a month or two, he'd be running back to his station as quick as his legs could carry him!

What could possibly go wrong.... If Turkey doesn't change course it will become another Pakistan...

"Turkish schools to stop teaching evolution, official says

Board of education chairman says subject is ‘debatable, controversial and too complicated for students’ "

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jun/23/turkish-schools-to-stop-teaching-evolution-official-says

What could possibly go wrong.... If Turkey doesn't change course it will become another Pakistan...

"Turkish schools to stop teaching evolution, official says

Board of education chairman says subject is ‘debatable, controversial and too complicated for students’ "

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jun/23/turkish-schools-to-stop-teaching-evolution-official-says

No surprise there then, Ergodans an Islamist..

In that regards all he needs to run his country is a copy of the Koran, it explains everything doesn't it?..

Wont be long before his country is as backwards and useless as most of the other countries that have fallen prey to that books teachings..

Meanwhile Brexit.

Teresa May is looking for a get out of jail card.. I get the sense that she's waiting on Europe to capitulate on immigration in some way..

Macron might be an ally in that regard, now if we can get some movement in that direction, it might be enough to keep us in the EU..

If we don't get any compromise in that direction, the Europeans are gonna stall till the last minute and let us fall off the feared cliff edge.

Thats another year of biting nails and wondering who's gonna break first?..

From a "stuck in the middle" Norther Ireland perspective, re Policing.

On balance, despite a mostly hostile(BBC) press the RUC did a very good job throughout the troubles.

I know some genuinley decent Ex RUC Officers.

I also know/know of some/more than some complete alcoholic fornicating rouges of Police Officers who know and use ever dodge, legal and illegal to facilitate their own ends and lives, mostly choosing to live well beyond their means in a trail of *flashy debt.

And simply screw the innocent colleteral victims and damage.

Also all very very good ant knowing their "rights" and absolutly maximizing PI and other insurance claims.(like the current crop of back injuries, due to "unsuitable" Police cars)

From the perspective of a well reared property owning law abiding Presbyterian background.

*Not so much now the unlimited overtime and fatalistic lifestyle choices of the troubles are behind us.

mth.

Edited by difflock

Meanwhile Brexit.

Teresa May is looking for a get out of jail card.. I get the sense that she's waiting on Europe to capitulate on immigration in some way..

Macron might be an ally in that regard, now if we can get some movement in that direction, it might be enough to keep us in the EU..

If we don't get any compromise in that direction, the Europeans are gonna stall till the last minute and let us fall off the feared cliff edge.

Thats another year of biting nails and wondering who's gonna break first?..

Tbh, what I find amazing is that we got into bed with the EU without the British people being asked what they thought.

In 1973 we were asked to vote on a trade agreement with Europe. However we should have been asked to vote again when the East European countries asked to join the club. The British people should also have been asked to vote to see if they were happy with "freedom of movement".

I expect we weren't asked to vote as we would have said FU EU.

Matelot an skyhuck

We joined the EEC knowing what it wanted to be?.. an economic block working towards an ever closer union.. if the voters are too dumb to do their homework, well shame on them..

As to the expansion of the EU, its us who promoted and encouraged the idea in the first place..

As I see it, this election has given the remainers another bite of the cherry.. before we had to follow through on the brexit vote. this election has muddied the waters enough to suggest we aught take another look and think again..

Give it a few months and we will have a new referendum to clear the waters.. a clear choice, hard brexit, or no brexit.. none of this have your cake and eat it nonsense..

Autumn or Spring, if your a betting man..