TV Licensing

White Noise

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone mentioned earlier, you can own a telly without having a license, as long as it is not tuned into any channels. YOU CAN use as a monitor screen for watching DVDs or listening to CDs without buying a licence. Years ago had a chap come round from the licensing dept and explained it to me. No probs.

As someone mentioned earlier, you can own a telly without having a license, as long as it is not tuned into any channels. YOU CAN use as a monitor screen for watching DVDs or listening to CDs without buying a licence. Years ago had a chap come round from the licensing dept and explained it to me. No probs.

No you can have a telly.

You can have an antenna.

You can have them connected...

You can have the telly tuned in even...

You still only need the license if you _Watch OR Record_ live streamed signals.

This applies to internet streams just as much as over the air streams, ie

You can have a computer

You can have a computer linked to the internet

You can have a web browser with bookmarks to iplayer...

You can even use BBC iPlayer and other catchup services and netflix etc etc...

You still only need the licence if you _Watch OR Record_ live streamed signals.

Simple - for now.

And to repeat whats been said - Do not let them in the house without a warrant - guilty or not. They are a private accountancy firm (Capita) that write shitty threatening letters assuming guilt without proof passing themselves off as a law authority and they drive me nuts.

They've written to tell me I'm getting an inspection every year in big red letters insinuating that I am a criminal because I haven't paid up the blackmail racket - they never turn up.

NB - Nothing to hide - no live streams here - very little live streaming I miss anyway. 6 nations maybe... but not got the time to sit and watch 40hrs of rugby anyway!

[/url]

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQeKy1v-R-I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQeKy1v-R-I[/ame]

And the BNP of all people have a handy faq - no I dont like or support or vote for them...

https://bnp.org.uk/news/national/tv-licence-resistance-not-paying-%E2%80%93-discounts-%E2%80%93-refunds

We've been getting those letters for years and we have TV licence (on wife's insistence)

Good friend of mine lived in flat kept getting letters in spite of repeatedly telling them he had no TV, after many months had a knock on door from a man saying they were checking the shared aerial on the flats was working as other residents had complained, he told him ' sorry can't help I don't have a TV '

Never heard from them again!