Branch logger

lilleylogging

Regarding the price ofa dumpy bag,a really good question?

Because the fuel is smaller than normal logs you get a lot more density in a bag{no air gaps}so i tend to think the fuel is worth at least as much as logs{£80 a cube offme}

its just a case of getting customers hooked on the stuff to start with.

It might be a case of giving out freebies to get people interested.

The alternative/green types love the concept of saving stuff from the bonfire.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the price ofa dumpy bag,a really good question?

Because the fuel is smaller than normal logs you get a lot more density in a bag{no air gaps}so i tend to think the fuel is worth at least as much as logs{£80 a cube offme}

its just a case of getting customers hooked on the stuff to start with.

It might be a case of giving out freebies to get people interested.

The alternative/green types love the concept of saving stuff from the bonfire.

If you could offer the branch logger material at a nominally lower price saving them £10 or so & you offered customers a one off half price bag delivered along with their usual logs you may find they are hooked after the first bag.

I love burning "small stuff" in my parents open fire. It just seems a cheerier fire.

It might be my imagination, but the smaller stuff seems to spark less.

Would it not be cheaper to use a branch logger compared to a chipper? I can't help thinking the logger would use less energy and the logger would be easier to maintain compared to a chipper.

the branch logger concept is an eastern european one, google rebak, or search on you tube, there are dozens of refrences to them, even to guys loading wood burning boilers with bags of the stuff, they are a brilliant concept, and are available to do branches up to 150mm this is serious log territory, I made a lot of enquiries about the kit, reasonably cheap in eastern europe, but out of reach here, and most companies wont sell into the UK because of stupid H&S rules regarding there use

the branch logger concept is an eastern european one, google rebak, or search on you tube, there are dozens of refrences to them, even to guys loading wood burning boilers with bags of the stuff, they are a brilliant concept, and are available to do branches up to 150mm this is serious log territory, I made a lot of enquiries about the kit, reasonably cheap in eastern europe, but out of reach here, and most companies wont sell into the UK because of stupid H&S rules regarding there use

Broadly speaking agree, however I bought one from Poland without any H&S worries. No way would/could I pay the prices quoted by the video'ed suppliers on here. You just have to make an effort on the language i.e use Google translate. I have posted on this before and left all the details of who I used on arbtalk, they make fully functional units and will ship internationally. Anyone really interested will make an effort as I did, saved me a fortune:thumbup1:

I am however not a pro so if you have a tax right off process then your in a different position, pay the price and right it down:thumbup: