Ah feel so puny'n inadequate . . .

difflock

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I put the first part of the cut in with the 461 then chuck the big saw in the cut

It's what I got sent with that day, it was that or 365 on an 18 inch bar, was a big old oak that had an open rot pocket right up the front so was easier to do it with the big saw so both sides of the gob were level.

I have used one up a tree on spikes more than once ... ( and I am not that big and strong !!) not nice but necessary ! I can hardly believe they are still making and selling them ,I had one about 20 years ago , Stihl have had several big saws since then and to be honest I think they are far better !!

I had the 090 out on the mill today, one lot this morning, another this afternoon. Certainly feel it after lugging it back at the end of each cut.

Alec

Evening Alec you got it all off and done. :thumbup1:

Funny we were talking about big saws today

Edited by woody paul

Evening Alec you got it all off and done. :thumbup1:

Funny we were talking about big saws today

Evening Paul,

It's off and set up but not done - I had to go out this afternoon to mill an oak which has been drying for about 5yrs with no bark or sapwood. Made the maple seem easy :001_smile: (and a 4" thick lump of it x 18" wide and 12' long was seriously heavy even compared with the whitebeam).

Yes, funny we were talking about big saws. I did figure why mine was playing up though - clogged air filter from the maple.

Alec

Not kidding, the one on the shelf had what looked like a 60" bar on it.

I believe David said they sell 5 or 6 a year into the NI market, which cannot make sense, quite seriously (or do Mcilraths have the entire Irish distributorship for Husquarna, which would perhaps be sensible)

Anyway seriously impressive kit.

m