GUNS: Should they be legal in the UK ?

Taiga261

GUNS: Should they be legal in the UK?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. GUNS: Should they be legal in the UK?

• Yes, just like the US 2nd Amendment
    • Yes, but with sensible regulation
    • No
    • Undecided

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fortunately we in the UK have no need to protect our families from gun touting hoodlums.

I find the average Americans inability to understand the correlation between gun ownership and the level of gun crime quite staggering, but hey its not my problem so why should I worry :001_smile:

I hope for your sake and your fellow citizens that your not wrong now or in the future. Mean while I will remain a prepared as possible because I can.

easy-lift guy

I hope for your sake and your fellow citizens that your not wrong now or in the future. Mean while I will remain a prepared as possible because I can.

easy-lift guy

It does makes me wonder how our "traditional bobbies" would cope with a Paris style attack using tasers and truncheons.

It does makes me wonder how our "traditional bobbies" would cope with a Paris style attack using tasers and truncheons.

A friend and me put that to the test.... one evening some idiot was waving a hand gun at people walking through Yeovil Town in Somerset.

We phoned the police and a plain car armed response unit turned up within 3 minutes, disarmed him and dragged him away.

And hey!.... Nobody was shot dead!

It went to court & turned out he had a starting pistol.... but who would have known it wasn't loaded with bullets? It wouldn't surprise me if there aren't similar armed response units dotted around the UK.

In comparison - The gun/ fear factor in the USA is off the scale.

It's historically & culturally messed up.

cheers, steve

Fortunately we in the UK have no need to protect our families from gun touting hoodlums.

I find the average Americans inability to understand the correlation between gun ownership and the level of gun crime quite staggering, but hey its not my problem so why should I worry :001_smile:

Totally agree Sky!👍