GUNS: Should they be legal in the UK ?

Taiga261

GUNS: Should they be legal in the UK?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. GUNS: Should they be legal in the UK?

• Yes, just like the US 2nd Amendment
    • Yes, but with sensible regulation
    • No
    • Undecided

Good luck with your opinion. Your aledge facts are not based in reality mainly due to the fact that your not from the USA, that criminals will always have access to weapons. The Second amendement to the US constitution protects all law abiding citizens against all enemies forien and domestic.

The criminals really do play by a different set of rules, their rules that is:thumbdown:

easy-lift guy

In your country you are more likely to be shot by a toddler than a terrorist, I have family in the States, but the idea that your guns make you safer is frankly laughable.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a lot of you fail to do is use scale. The US is huge compared to the uk. If we had the same land mass and population we would have the same scale of problems I have no doubt of that

I'm not sure if this is still the case but at one time Japan had the strictest gun laws in the world and the highest level of gun crime by head of population and we had the second strictest gun laws and the second highest level of gun crime by head of population.

I'm not sure if this is still the case but at one time Japan had the strictest gun laws in the world and the highest level of gun crime by head of population and we had the second strictest gun laws and the second highest level of gun crime by head of population.

Can you post a link of this please.

In your country you are more likely to be shot by a toddler than a terrorist, I have family in the States, but the idea that your guns make you safer is frankly laughable.

You might want to mention that to the 14 that were slaughtered by two Islamic terrorist in California attending a Christmas party for physically disababled people 2 weeks ago, or maybe the 100+ in France over a month ago now.

I at least have an even chance to defend myself and protect my family and other innocent people if need be. Nothing laughable about that, just common sense and the ability and right to do so.

easy-lift guy

You might want to mention that to the 14 that were slaughtered by two Islamic terrorist in California attending a Christmas party for physically disababled people 2 weeks ago, or maybe the 100+ in France over a month ago now.

I at least have an even chance to defend myself and protect my family and other innocent people if need be. Nothing laughable about that, just common sense and the ability and right to do so.

easy-lift guy

I really think its a double edged sword.

easy-lift guy

Do you not see that the HUGE numbers of guns sold and available in the USA make those incidents so much more likely??

OK determined terrorists will likely find a way, but making it easy for bonkers school kids is just potty, in my humble opinion.

Do you not see that the HUGE numbers of guns sold and available in the USA make those incidents so much more likely??

OK determined terrorists will likely find a way, but making it easy for bonkers school kids is just potty, in my humble opinion.

No. What I see in my country is the continued business as usual response from a Jack ass and his cronies running the White House, continuing to coddle terrorist attacks on my fellow citizens under the guise of work place violence or another stupid excuse for violence and murder of innocent citizens.

Not everyone are sheeple and for the right to defend and protect myself and my family or friends I will do what ever is necessary. The HUGE number of guns sold and available in the USA may be available on the black market, however the

number of guns available and purchased by law abiding citizens is a final defense when the police become overwhelmed and unable to serve and protect.

If your referring to the shooting in CT a few years back the Mother of the shooter purchased all of the weapons herself and went shooting with her son on a regular basis. This same monster eventually slaughtered his mother and than shot up the school, you know another gun free zone. He knew exactly what he was doing.

When this same person attempted to purchase some firearms legally he was refused, I believe due to his age or another reason. The screening process did work, however his mother did not realize until it was to late that she would be his first victim.

easy-lift guy

No. What I see in my country is the continued business as usual response from a Jack ass and his cronies running the White House, continuing to coddle terrorist attacks on my fellow citizens under the guise of work place violence or another stupid excuse for violence and murder of innocent citizens.

Not everyone are sheeple and for the right to defend and protect myself and my family or friends I will do what ever is necessary. The HUGE number of guns sold and available in the USA may be available on the black market, however the

number of guns available and purchased by law abiding citizens is a final defense when the police become overwhelmed and unable to serve and protect.

If your referring to the shooting in CT a few years back the Mother of the shooter purchased all of the weapons herself and went shooting with her son on a regular basis. This same monster eventually slaughtered his mother and than shot up the school, you know another gun free zone. He knew exactly what he was doing.

When this same person attempted to purchase some firearms legally he was refused, I believe due to his age or another reason. The screening process did work, however his mother did not realize until it was to late that she would be his first victim.

easy-lift guy

Fortunately we in the UK have no need to protect our families from gun touting hoodlums.

I find the average Americans inability to understand the correlation between gun ownership and the level of gun crime quite staggering, but hey its not my problem so why should I worry :001_smile: