Pricing big Elm

Highland Forestry

How much help? you do appreciate to ring a stem like that up would produce a 3.5t truck load of saw dust if not more amongst the rest of the dross. You'd have to put bearers down for the whole length of the stem otherwise it'll just bury the few into the ground. Ringing up that Elm on your own would be one long hard slog.

I'd go with Ed do everything you can to avoid ringing that stem up or any of it. Unless they want to pay extra.

2 other guys and a tractor and pto chipper.

And i would break it down a fair bit before i felled it, oh yes i know how much sawdust there would be but i don't mind shoveling sawdust of the tarp, as for the hard slog ringing, i may be another day but i dont mind mate i just put my ipod on and get on with it, nowt last forever. Everyone is different:biggrin:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love my 088 , 48 inch bar :drool: . This job commands decent money if you intend to buy or use an 088 .:

I am still amazed at how much fuel my 088 uses with the 48" bar on it, even after owning it for 11 years. If you dont have one guys, the above point is very valid. The fuel tank holds 1.3 litres:ohmy:

I am still amazed at how much fuel my 088 uses with the 48" bar on it, even after owning it for 11 years. If you dont have one guys, the above point is very valid. The fuel tank holds 1.3 litres:ohmy:

Yeah but its one hell of a sexy saw and is always good in a photo . Probably a tad over the top though .:001_wub:

when i worked for the arb agency when i was up in devon they had an 088 with the 64 inch bar (5 Foot) and that was even more tirsty , the saw never left the yard without 2 20 liter jerry cans lol . tbh there was no point in having such a big saw at all its only use was for cross cutting timber . if you tried anythin other than cross cutting then the saw would throw the chain :tongue_smilie:

i will only take the ms880 out on site when i really really need it :thumbup:

has anyone here ever tried clearing sawdust from a lawn with a brush ?? we use the brushes like the ones that road sweeping blokes use . i find that it is much better than using a rake and blower . or am i the only mad one doing things like this on here :scared1:

get a BIG back pck blower :thumbup: p/s £1200

Edited by Johny Walker

get a BIG back pck blower :thumbup:

i did get one it to demo but the bloody groundy would not bother with the rake or shovel insted he would spend hours blowing the mess everywhere . i personally hate blowers full stop . they are great if used properly but normally the average groundy will pick it up insted of using the clean up gear and blow the mess to another area . :angry: