L200 tipper conversion

Mr_D

Now....I'm not just asking this to stir up the 4x4 pot, but around here there are quite a few defenders that have been lengthened and modified by various amounts for various purposes, there is no doubt they are a very versatile machine, why did you chose the L200 to modify? was it simply a case of that's what you had so that's what you modified or did you actively buy an L200 for the purpose of converting it to a tipper? For the benefit of anyone following this thread for the purpose of possibly investing in such a vehicle, what vehicle best lends itself to modifications in this field? (no pun intended). I will guess Defender due to chassis extension ability so as to accommodate a good sized load area and storage for equipment thus freeing up precious cabin space:thumbup1:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now....I'm not just asking this to stir up the 4x4 pot, but around here there are quite a few defenders that have been lengthened and modified by various amounts for various purposes, there is no doubt they are a very versatile machine, why did you chose the L200 to modify? was it simply a case of that's what you had so that's what you modified or did you actively buy an L200 for the purpose of converting it to a tipper? For the benefit of anyone following this thread for the purpose of possibly investing in such a vehicle, what vehicle best lends itself to modifications in this field? (no pun intended). I will guess Defender due to chassis extension ability so as to accommodate a good sized load area and storage for equipment thus freeing up precious cabin space:thumbup1:

i picked a L200 due to my friends have had several different age and model L200s and has taken them off road and really abused them and has never had a issue with any of them. we bought it with the idea to convert it to a pro tipper at first but then this seemed like a much better solution. the land rover has the advantage of cheap parts and the 3.5t towing.

i picked a L200 due to my friends have had several different age and model L200s and has taken them off road and really abused them and has never had a issue with any of them. we bought it with the idea to convert it to a pro tipper at first but then this seemed like a much better solution. the land rover has the advantage of cheap parts and the 3.5t towing.

My old tipping land rover was sold as it was uncomfortable and kinda like driving a tractor ?

My L200 has heating and a decent radio cd palyer auto lock hubs and crew cab storage :biggrin:

Massive bonus for a 46 year old boy :thumbup: Just back to shoveling off chips lol ......so need a tipping body ? If anybody has one that can be adapted to fit can L200 ....LET ME KNOW

In the ideal world i'd need summit that's a 4x4 tipper, is somewhere in between the size of a Unimog and a Nissan cabstar (a small enuf 'footprint'), with 7.5 ton gross (that can be downplated if i want to tow more than 750kg without the need fer a HGV ticket).

As is i run a 4x4 double cab with rear seats removed so i have plenty of storage fer kit along with a transit crew cab tipper. I also run an Ifor trailer.

Yesterday i needed to shift about 4.5 ton of cordwood so wifey drove the transit and i drove the 4x4 pickup with the Ifor in tow. Yes both vehicles were probably over loaded but we got all the cord off site in 1 foul swoop.

A Grafter 4x4, Canter 4x4, Iveco 4x4 would be nice but my budget won't stretch that far at the moment so i make do with what i've got.

I think you'll find that tonka63 is the new manufacturer of protipper

My apologies, I didn't realise.

Hi have you thought about a protipper, save you some money!!

In that case then, how much for a pro tipper for an 06 Isuzu rodeo double cab with chip sides?

• 2 weeks later...