Chipper upgrade...

Ty Korrigan

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you want to set up for jobs like the one mentioned in your post and other high volume applications a big bandit drum chipper 12-18" but then you'll need a lorry or big grain trailer to match or its a waste of time, you'll just move the 'bottleneck' along the chain, that's assuming you usually have to clear your sites.

Morning,

VTS, it's a private job, former property of a French diplomat who planted a huge screen of Lawsons for privacy in part of the grounds.

Now 40 odd years later nothing much grows except algae and moss.

160 stems on 3 sides plus stumps and other work to restore the garden after we've destroyed it which we've yet to quote for.

Almost everthing else in the garden is too skinny from searching light all these years so most of the other trees will require alot of remedial work.

There will be a cottage available for the duration for the team (not exactly on our doorstep...)

I have also thought about bringing over that Northern hunk Pie Eater Pete for the week to bear witness.

Whilst most of our work is still smaller domestic stuff it is the ability to undertake these larger jobs without calling in outside help from local biomass companies.

Jobs like this are popping up more and more as we grow and it means our current chipper is clocking 6hours a day and we just end up queuing behind the machine so something more productive is required but not too oversize for the smaller bread and butter work.

We can easily move chip due to our Agri connections but it's a balance we need to strike on the chipping front.

We attended a Timberwolf demo the other day near Rennes but they didn't have their 8" machine on show.

Bandit are in Laval and we are talking to them too.

I can really see the advantage of an over head winch.

I'm not a big bloke at 62kg and need all the help I can get dragging brash!

As for birds... I wouldn't let a few mouldy pigeons get in the way of a coin:laugh1:

Ty

Tempted to have a better look at the timberwolf 350DHB T as it sort of fits what I could do with from a chipper at the moment, again love my quadchip just not quite big anough for around 40% of the work I'm doing these days.

Yes! See I'm not alone!

I almost wish I could keep 2 chippers but I've already done that and found one will just gather dust as happened to our CS100.

Ty