The Burning Issue - Truck MPG becoming a major headache...

TimberCutterDartmoor

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the mpg figures on here are doing my Yank F350 superduty proud ,i can fit a compact tractor on back or a micro digger with micro dumper and still have a empty trailer to fill and get 15mpg towing on motorway .

This year i have changed tactics with regards to pricing,i arrange to meet customers when i know i will be working in that area and the same with log deliveries ,it has saved a small fortune and TIME ,

None of this shooting out at weekends and nights to price a job .

Ste

As our business has expanded I now am doing 15,000 miles a year so ditched the 4x4 for quoting etc and got a caddy van worked out that we would save £1000-£2000 a year on fuel alone.

Someone started a thread on the Dacia Duster Pick up. Worth considering.

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/arb-trucks/76593-pick-up-truck-3.html

Edited by benedmonds

I had a little fiesta van 1.4 tdci but stupidly sold it I am seriously considering buying something similar again for pricing, Getting parts and floating about in.[ATTACH]167875[/ATTACH]

How large are they inside? I'm not that tall at 6f 2 and I can barely fit in my mums Fiesta but that's a R reg so maybe they improved it.

A guy I know is running an old petrol ford searra on vapor, he showed me some vids on YouTube and it's manly rednecks running V8 pick ups but they claim there getting 200-300 mpg !!

He got his motor up n running in an hour but his now doing a better install

Iv seen this running it works so I'm going to give it a go on my transit tipper as it's petrol

I use a transit connect to nip about in & for quoting etc the transit. & defender only come out to work so pay there way

Iv just sold my landcruiser 4.7 V8 on LPG as the ol,woman was doing too much millage and would not away put LPG in as the station is out of her way it was only doing 150 miles on £45 local 200 miles on a run so iv replaced it with a disco 3 diesel and hoping she will avarge 30 mpg