• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah I get ya now:blushing:

Never take ya eye off the ball!:laugh1:

You two are cute :)

It's slightly different however.

Ty gives a quote. No obligation. If the client accepts, everyone is happy.

However if you've just spent serious cash on a machine, which is then defective, it takes the nick to charge the buyer for repairs.

If you smash someone's greenhouse at work, would you then offer them a quote to rebuild? Or would you accept that it's your responsibility to stand by your service (or product) sort it yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Hi

3" feet chestnut stump, on level ground with very good access, I would say ground out (8"/10" below ground level) cleaned up, all arisings left on site £105.00 half hours work and on to the next job.

Cheers Chris.

Chris Smith Stump Grinding

That's because you have a big ars stump grinder chris. ;-)

You two are cute :)

It's slightly different however.

Ty gives a quote. No obligation. If the client accepts, everyone is happy.

However if you've just spent serious cash on a machine, which is then defective, it takes the nick to charge the buyer for repairs.

If you smash someone's greenhouse at work, would you then offer them a quote to rebuild? Or would you accept that it's your responsibility to stand by your service (or product) sort it yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

What's different?.....Ty buys a second hand, sold as seen machine off a dealer (from what I've read). That dealer made as much as he could out of Ty.....Ty's favourite saying I hasten to add along with the feelng of that lovely cash. Then the machine goes pop, Ty's bad luck!

He'll have to part with some of that lovely cash to get the machine repaired.

Like I said it swings both ways.

Hired a guy with a 2.2t digger to help recover the machine and load it onto a trailer then drove 2.5 hours to the Bandit/Carlton dealer for the West of France.

They have found the fault, a switch between the manual and radio controls which was corroded.

This they say has been the root cause of the problems since we took delivery.

However, it is the French holiday season and the machine may not be ready for a while yet.

I have since sought legal advice since my last fruitless telephone conversation with the suppliers sales director.

In the terms and conditions of the supplier it clearly states.

1. That they agree to supply goods free from material defect

2. That faults should be notified within 3 days (done)

3. That in the case of dispute that under law society rules there will be an appointed arbitrator in case of disputes

OR,

They could just do the right thing by us and pay for the repairs etc.

Ty

My advice, it's fixed, look forward, lesson learnt.

Once word gets round a business charges what it can get away with it it's the start of the end.

No professionals, no trust, no business.

But everyone's prices differ, most propper tree firms charge around the same as there overheads can be roughly the same apart from VAT, Then the one man bands with little or no overheads who can charge a lot less. You give a quote and if the customer accepts it then that's that. At the end of the day the customer had the power to accept or decline the quote no matter how much it is.

Hodge